Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

any info on pizazz .40 arf

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

any info on pizazz .40 arf

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 02:54 PM
reptile515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any info on pizazz .40 arf

i have wondering about the pizazz .40 arf. can any one give me some pointers and/or infomation.

thanks, matt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2003, 03:57 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I've got over 100 flights on mine. It has Saito .72 power. JR radio with standard Futaba servos.
I could talk about it for twenty minutes is there a specific area you want to know about?
later daveo
Old 05-13-2003, 04:00 PM
Dug89

I have one that is airworthy after repairs (crashed on third flight). Although it is kind of delicate, it is a blast to fly. I have an OS 50 SX but I think I would have preferred a OS 72 4 stroke. The 50 needs some RPM to get into the power band and it sure makes the plane buzz. I think it is due to the large area of air between the spars.

The Pizazz is available on Ebay and my LHS has it for $129. It is very lightwieght and looks great.

My only complaint is the fuse is not boxed well behind the cockpit and prone to breakage there. No way to fix that without breaking it first (like I did). It was easy to repair and reinforce.

I highly recommend it for the bang for the buck ratio.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:34 PM
choo choo

I had one, the plane looks good but flys terrible. I put an OS70 four stroke on it and was way to much power could not fly over half throttle without flutter. Did everything to stop the flutter but never flew it long enough to figure it out. Fluttered so hard it shook the braces aloose in the wing . Finally lost it because of flutter. The best thing I can say about this plane is buy soomething else. I complained about the problem but was completely ignored by Horizon. In my opinion they should take off the market. That's my $.02 worth

Choo Choo
Old 05-15-2003, 05:18 PM
daveopam

This plane is not a speed demon. It is designed for aerobatic and 3-D type flying. Any 3-D plane flown at full
throttle will flutter to pieces. I'm supprised that Horizon didn't laugh at choo choo when he complained.
Nothing against Horizon, but if you want to burn holes in the sky buy something else.
later daveo
Old 05-22-2003, 11:24 AM
cstevec
My Feedback: (1)

My flying buddy has one powered with the Saito .72 and uses it for his primary plane. He loves it and watching him fly it , it's easy to see why. That plane will do anything. It is no speed demon but can fly inverted across the runway at 1/4 throttle like it was upright. Takes off in 8 feet and can be landed harrier style in a 5ft diameter circle. Easiest 3 d plane he has ever flown. By the way, he has everything from 1/3 scale gas to a .25 powered bipe. Whatever else he take to the field you can bet the Pizazz will be there! Dougs Hobby shop has the Pizaaz comboed with a Saito .72 for $379. if you are interested they are on the net.

SteveC
Old 05-22-2003, 11:40 AM
choo choo

I really like that statement "any 3D plane will flutter to pieces if flown at full throttle" . What a Laugh.
Choo Choo
There is a misunderstanding here I did not buy the Pizazz looking for speed I bought it looking for it's performance. It was just a junk plane ( at least the one I had was) The next one out of the box may be alright but I won't be the one that buys it.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:35 PM
daveopam

I over simplified it a little. But I stand by what I said. If you want to go fast don't by something with huge control surfaces. They will flutter at high speeds. My pizzaz straight and level at full power won't flutter. But put it in a little dive or put on a higher pitch prop and you will take it back home in kit form. later daveo
Old 06-03-2003, 01:28 PM
southern_touch99

I agree with Daveo, you dont buy a pizazz for speed, an OS. 70 should be fine in it, but if your really looking to 3D then keep looking, while the pizazz is a great fun flyer it wont hover as easy as other planes. I would say go with the Kyosho Flip for an ARF of this size. If you have the time to build then the Laser 3D is your best bet.