Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 Kyosho Majestic - just about ready >

Kyosho Majestic - just about ready

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kyosho Majestic - just about ready

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 09:12 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Majestic - just about ready

Here is my first ARF-Kyosho Majestick 1400 with a Saito .65 GK. This is a nice ARF with well glued joints, great looking covering, and quality balsa. I did have to replace some of the hardware, mainly the control rods. I went with all 4-40 rods and a Sullivan splitter for the elevators. The fiberglass cowl fit great but the wheel pants did not fit at all (wheel opening were too small and there was no guide to show where to drill the holes), so I left them off. The instructions are probably well written if you read Japanese, but the translations were very sketchy.

She hasn't fown yet, but the Saito is broken in with 4 tanks run through. I will post a flight report if she gets up this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33157.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	226863  
Old 02-09-2005, 11:37 AM

Default RE: Kyosho Majestic - just about ready

Nice plane. Great Colour scheme.

What was the Saito like to set-up? I've heard mixed reports about them and I'm looking to get one for a Funtana S40.

Cheers

Pete
Old 02-09-2005, 11:57 AM

Great looking plane there JD , one of our club flyers has one of the 'old' ones with a diff colour scheme, it flys well and holds its attitude very well. It is flown by the guy's son who is 12 or 13 and he handles it well.

Pete I got a Saito 120 for Christmas (I love my wife ). I have only bench run it so far but it ran straight out the box. Not perfect but enough to get it running and allow me to set the needle rich for its break in. I run 3 ASP 4 strokes as well and the Saito is a work of art compared to the ASP's and the ASP's are good runners but they don't hold a candle to the Saito.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:06 PM

Thanks Merlin, that's comforting to know. I run an ASP 1.20 FS in my Flair Spit and it performs just as well on the tacho as an OS 1.20, and at £150 I'm not complaining. It's just that on the Funtana I want the wing loading down therefore the saito, being light, is the obvious choice. I'm looking at the .82 (same weight as the .72). A mate is going over the Florida for the Top Gun and is bringing me one back (due to the excellent doller rate).

Cheers for now (just leaving work)

Pete
Old 02-14-2005, 10:08 PM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I 'had' one of those a couple of years ago....talk about a beautiful flying bird! Smooth and true - you will enjoy this one!

Jerry