Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Sig Senior ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Sig Senior ARF

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 10:48 AM
shradio
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Senior ARF

I finally received my Sig Senior ARF from my LHS. I've been reading all of the threads about them but was wondering what all of you thought. Now that you have had time to fly them, what if anything would any of you do different.
I'm planning to put an OS61FX on it, not for the speed or power but for the weight, just because of what I've read here about balancing it. I'm planning to mount a camera in it also for still shots. I'll be using pin hinges. I'm guessing that the wing is strong enough, even if it stays as a 2 piece.
I guess I'm just looking for advice, hints or tips about items that haven't been mentioned yet. I know, there's been many good tips, but most were from people that haden't been in the air with it yet.
Thanks to all of you in advance.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:46 PM
macbeth
My Feedback: (1)

Default Sig Senior ARF

I just finished building mine. I used an OS 65 LA engine, and mounted it wit the base of the propeller drive plate 4.5 inches from the firewall (0.25 inches further forward than recommended in the instructions). I still needed about 16 ounces of lead in the nose........

The quality of the kit is superb. It is easily the easiest to build that I'v eseen (better than the Hobbico Superstar, the Avistar, or the Xtra Easy).

The only issue is that it is tail heavy. With that big wing, I don't think the extra weight will make a big difference.
Old 10-12-2002, 10:12 AM
woodduck-RCU

Default Sig Senior balance

I have read all the threads about adding lead to the nose of the Senior and I just don't understand why. I have a Saito .72 in my Senior and simply moved the engine as far forward as possible on the engine mounts and have added no lead whatsoever. The balance is right on. The plane flys great with no apparent tail heaviness. The Saito .72 is a great engine for this ARF!