Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Aerobird Extreme - my 1st few flights

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Aerobird Extreme - my 1st few flights

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 04:07 PM
ianlawrence21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Extreme - my 1st few flights

Well it's been a interesting start to flying my failry new aerobird extreme. My first flight after lots of simulation practice went very well and had a small audience watching making it even more nerve-racking, my hands were shaking at some points which was annoying when trying to control this thing . But on my 2nd flight, the controls had all messed up and it ended up crashing ripping the v-tail in half and making a brand new (ish) wing look errr busted! I wasnt happy as you would imagine...

Anyway, I got the replacement pieces and today took her out for her 1st flight in a couple of months. All the tinkering and adjusting paid off cos she really flew Again a small audience appears (even my parents) and I did ok except from the landing, bit of a rough one shall we say.... everythings fine though, which was a relief. It was a well known death sprial from a few feet up that didnt do any damage thank goodness.

She really needs alot of momentum when it comes to launching. At the time, there was hardly a wind so a running launch went well and up she went. It was sunset as well really making a beautiful picture as she flew over at a slow rate.

To sum it up, I'm hooked

heres a pic of her before going out for todays flight (hope it works)

happy flying!

Ian

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11638.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	295723