Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Comparing the H9 Alpha 40 and Alpha 60!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Comparing the H9 Alpha 40 and Alpha 60!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 11:55 AM
WhtBronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comparing the H9 Alpha 40 and Alpha 60!

I have decided it’s time to buy my daughter a new plane. She’s 7 and has been flying the Hobby Zone Aerobird Challenger for 2 years now and she’s bored. So for her birthday we are going to get her a 4 channel trainer and my wife asked that I pick an RTF. Flying JR radios I want a Hangar 9 RTF plane. I have flown the Alpha 60 and for a beginner I think it flies great. I was wondering if anyone had flown both the 40 and 60 size and could give me a comparison??

I know the 60 will be easier to see and more stable in the wind. The 60 doesn’t seem to be bothered by 10 mph winds. Taught a buddy of mine to fly on an Alpha 60 and on the 3rd flight he landed. Flight 4 he had the controls the entire flight and started doing inverted with it.

I’d like to save the $100 by getting the 40 size if it flies as well or at least close. Besides the 60 size will be a fairly large plane to pack in my truck with my planes, heli and both kids.

TIA.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:32 PM
WhtBronco

Default RE: Comparing the H9 Alpha 40 and Alpha 60!

Bump.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Nubie_1

I have the 40 rtf and have had good luck with it except for a small problem with the orange stripe on one of wings becoming an air break and a small crash but when i contacted horizon about it had it replaced and got to keep my old one witch one of the guys at the field fixed in about an hour except for glue drying and it was a full on nose hit from about 50 feet up but had it back up last weekend and flew in a cross wind and it did well i thought, it was probably around 10 mph on wind may be a little more sensitive to land and take off than the 60 but haven't gotten there yet i only have about 4 flights on it as of right now. Not to seem conceded but my instructor said i was the one of the best student fliers hes had mostly because I'm a gamer on the PC starting from clear back to the Atari which is what has made me smoth on the sticks with good hand eye cordination but still need a lot of training on the how too's and the why did that do that. LoL

Good Luck
Chris
Old 07-12-2005, 10:31 AM
WhtBronco

I will agree that the new computer games will certainly help a great deal with hand eye coordination and that will lead to picking up R/C flying a bit quicker. In fact I read that in Fly R/C mag recently I believe. I think part of it is a testament to the H9 trainers as well. I taught a buddy of mine to fly and flight #4 he had the controls from the pits, take off, flight, landing and back to the pits. All I did was make my thumb sore holding the trainer switch. He's also a gamer, BTW, and uses the G2 sim.

Thanks for the report on the Alpha 40.