Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

*Seagull Laser 200*

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

*Seagull Laser 200*

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 02:55 PM
MR.HANEY
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Seagull Laser 200*

hey mine has a g26 gasser,flies great
Old 09-18-2005, 06:28 PM
danedelman
My Feedback: (25)

I just ordered mine and got a Saito 1.20 and Hitec 635 servos for it. How does this fly? Can you take pics of the triangular pieces epoxied into the firewall.
Thanks
Old 09-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Harc

Zippi - I'm about 2 months late in answering you. Old computer met the same fate as some of my planes. CRASH Just finished up my 2d Laser 200 today. Hasn't flown but hopefully this coming Friday. I have a ST G2300 in it with an APC 17x8 prop. Engine is as far forward as can go with the supplied mount AND height to top of the cowl is 16 1/4 plus or minus 1/16 inches. It will fitted in your weehicle.

Couple of things if you get one. As Bob Zaar said, reinforce the firewall. I epoxied triangle stock in every corner where I could get my fingers to fit. Hope that is sufficient. Secondly, if you forget the canopy - DON'T fly it. I did and 98% sure the turbulence from the cavity created a loss of tailfin control. Obviously, it crashed.

With engine as situated, using a Harry Higley brass hub (2 oz) and 4 cell rcvr battery partially wedged under the fuel tank and held in place. All servos placed as shown in the plans. I'm using Hitec 635 for all surfaces and a std servo for the throttle. Rcvr is mounted adjacent to the throttle servo. With all this, balance (CG) is 1 1/2 plus or minus 1/4 inches from the wing tip measured at the tips.

If anything else I can answer or help, don't hesitate to contact me.

Harc
Let me know how reliable that Super Tigre G-2300 is.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:45 AM
danedelman
My Feedback: (25)

do you have to install the blind nuts on this plane?? will a saito 1.20 be enough for it??
Old 09-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Harc

Zippi - Gave the Laser 200 its maiden today. Had run about 2 tanks of fuel through the engine. Went to the field - did range check - filled up with fuel and it fired right up. Let it warm a bit - ran it up - richened by two clicks - ran it up. Had to slow the idle down a bit but easy enough with end point adjustment. Taxied out to the runway. Approx 3 mph wind, about 30 degree cross wind. Pushed throttle forward gently, slight right rudder and within 50 feet was airborne. Very nice climb out, handling beautifully. Had to put in about 3 clicks of down. Engine performing like a champ. Driving around in circles, larger ovals, couple of rolls which tracked straight as an arrow. All this on low rates. Drove out a little further and was going to come back inverted, I hoped. I lost it. Initially thought I had taken a hit. It went in like a sack of horse turds. Looked down to turn my xmtr off and almost filled my drawers. I had failed to extend the antenna. Not some dumb but all dumb.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 2300. Brace the firewall where you can get triangle stock in and you will be fine.

I plan on getting another Laser 200 and mounting the 2300 in it. Did screw up the carbeurator. Looks like I need a new spray bar assembly. Will get some "expert" opinions and for sure, get it fixed. I like that engine.

Good luck with yours and don't hesitate if you have any questions.

Harc