Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Graupner Extra 300 L (Leki) Any Good ?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Graupner Extra 300 L (Leki) Any Good ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 01:53 AM
DragonHeart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Graupner Extra 300 L (Leki) Any Good ?

Hi Guys,

A freind has just got one of these and to say the least im very impressed by the quality of this kit, it looks great and nearly everythings done for you

Is anyone flying one of these ? (as if i need another plane ) as im very very tempted on getting one as i have a 91 FS looking for a home........

If so any suggestions or mods made ?

Thx in advance for any info

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37826.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	315183  
Old 08-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Graupner Extra 300 L (Leki) Any Good ?

Well I can't help you very much yet. A friend turned one over to me after he had put an electric power system in it that wasn't enough for this plane. I also have a 91 four stroke to power it. It is a nice looking kit, but the all red top and bottom has me a little concerned. I have one plane to finish up but I'll be starting this one soon. One mod the previous owner made was to put the elevator servos up front to help with the balance. The glow motor might be a little heavier though and this could be a non-issue for you.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:38 AM
wavy777

My recommendation is BUY IT!! I have a 91FX 2st in mine and I still needed the battery pack behind the engine bulkhead to balance it. I can honestly say that this model is my favourite out of all the choice in my hangar. Rolls neutrally, lands easily, good quality robust kit....highly recommended.

If you think its not going to be any good because its cheap, think again, a rare genuine rc bargain

The only downside I have found is the colour scheme, make sure its a reasonably bright day when you fly it as the yellow 'Leki' writing on top of the wings is the only obvious clue to which way is up.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:19 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wavy777
I agree on the viz issue, have a look at the pic, this is how I got over it, Yellow Solartrim is a match to the yellow decals on the top and linned the edges with trim strip.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92956.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	776.2 KB
ID:	350755  
Old 11-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Rainman-ACRF

This is a great kit. Brilliant quality and flies absolutely superb. Adequately powered by a SuperTigre 75. Just change the tank as the one that is supplied is a little small, but there is plenty of room in there for any number of larger tanks.

Phil