Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hobbico Sukhoi SU-31 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hobbico Sukhoi SU-31 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:21 PM
DrtJnky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico Sukhoi SU-31 ARF

Intersted in owners opinions of this plane or others who have flown one. It says "sport scale" and I am wondering how difficult it is to fly?
Old 05-17-2006, 03:11 PM
DrtJnky

Default RE: Hobbico Sukhoi SU-31 ARF

nobody owns this plane?
Old 05-17-2006, 05:23 PM
ghost-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Its a very nice plane and easy to fly. I have a os .91 4 stroke on mine. I would not recommend it to someone with little experience but if you have a few planes under your belt go for it. Its easy to takeoff & land & is very solid in the air. I like it so much I have an extra kit for backup.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:46 PM
DrtJnky

Thanks for the reply, I have no fear of low wing aircraft just something prone to tip stalling or snapping. I was hoping this planes size and sport scale nature would make it more forgiving then a true scale Sukhoi or Cap would fly? I have a Saito .82 that needs a home and its output is very simillar to the OS 91 at a lower weight. How does the 91 fly your plane, do you have all standard servos?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:34 PM
ghost-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

The OS .91 has plenty of power for this plane. Your Saito 82 will fly her just fine. It is a very forgiving plane, no snaps. I,m running Futaba 9001 servos. Hobbico recommends 54 ounce servos. The cowl is beautiful, I only wish it was covered with monocoat. Make sure you put a little extra epoxy around the firewall. I love this plane, Best 159.00 bucks I've spent
Old 05-17-2006, 08:13 PM
DrtJnky

I think I will give it a try!! Sounds like exactly what I am looking for. You have to forgive me as I have alot of flying time just not alot of different planes?
Old 05-18-2006, 11:25 AM
p51mech38
My Feedback: (3)

Beef up the landing gear area with some glass on th inside. My only gripe is that the plywood holding it in is a bit thin. They must have had a glue shortage that week too. My landing geat block wasn't glued down very good. Super fun to fly mine has a Saito 1.00 in it. I had it for about 7 months now with over 100 flights on it. Best $179.00 I've spent in awhile.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:39 AM
sherman89

I agree with the above, the landing gear needs a little extra attention, don't hold back with the epoxy. The plane flys well, just make sure that you are balanced slightly ahead of the recommended pt for the first flights, then move the CG back. I fly mine with an OS .61 fx and a 14x4w prop and get good performance, it is not 3-D. The covering leaves a little to bit behind,poor guality.