Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

WM Super Chipmunk Engine mounting

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

WM Super Chipmunk Engine mounting

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 02:20 PM
jmiceli11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WM Super Chipmunk Engine mounting

Hello,

I have a World Models Super Chipmunk ARF.

I'm at the point were I need to mount the engine, in this case an OS 90 Surpass. What is the best way? Inverted or 90 degrees? How did you conceal the stock muffler? Did you use the provided mount? While using the provided mount the closest I could get the spinner backplate from the firewall was 135mm. Will this be a problem? The direction call for 125mm.

Finally if anyone has a picture or two I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

John
Old 05-21-2006, 12:38 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WM Super Chipmunk Engine mounting

John,

I mounted a G90 on mine, it was side mounted, there is however a nice hole for the head. I would say go for inverted mount to conceal as much of the engine and to preserve the cowling. As for the distance, no worries, the cowling is really long and you can still line it up with the back plate and not look funny. Just remember to use some light ply to reinforce the area where the screws will go into. You will need a hole at the bottom of the cowling to allow air to pass through.