Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 pulse XT 40

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 pulse XT 40

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 04:26 PM
skillet92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 pulse XT 40

Hey guys,
I was down in Savannah on business and went to a local hobby shop to get some things for my FW-190. Well as i am finding out this hobby is addictive. I bought some things and on the shelf was a Hangar 9 Pulse XT 40. I was in love and had to have it. I bought it and the Evolution 46nt to power it. First question is it an OK plane and should i have bought a bigger engine. I do not want to do any extreme 3d just want a very aerobatic plane that will do some 3d.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:51 PM
rjg

Default RE: Hangar 9 pulse XT 40

I think there is only one guy who as actually posted about having purchased it and flown it. If I remember right, he enjoyed it quite a bit.. You may want to try a search, but I think it is only on the second or third page of this forum.

-Robert
Old 05-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Tman
My Feedback: (3)

I just finished and flew the new Pulse XT. Looks and flies like the Sig 4 Star series. I opted to install an OS46AX instead of the E-Flight electric setup. Both installations are fully explained in the instructions. The plane is very light. The body is built using a laser cut open air frame so I beefed up the front end by installing 1/16 inch balsa to the sides of the fuel tank area then epoxied the whole front area. The firewall was hot glued in a couple of spots so before applying epoxy, I used a little fiber glass tape to make sure the firewall would stay put.
The plane is a no-brainer to build, I did it in about 6 hours and used most of the hardware included in the kit. The wing is two piece.
The OS46AX is more engine than this plane needs to fly it, I use about quarter throttle to do aerobatics and it's a real floater which can be a problem if you are using a short runway. Make sure to set up your approach accordingly. Using quarter throttle gives a very long run time to a tank of fuel. Several of our club memebrs have taken turns flying it.
My plane had several wrinkles in the covering but a pass with the covering iron took care of it.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:19 PM
drone pilot

I saw one at the field this past weekend. Flys well with OS .46 FX but is not a 3D airplane. It flys very stable, and seems to have no surprises except needs a little speed on landing. Owner was satisfied with the plane out of the box, no real gripes on construction or finish. Good luck...
Old 06-01-2006, 11:39 PM
ed_cook1979
My Feedback: (4)

Hey there, i bought this plane and got it in the air for The first time today, It is a really nice flying airplane, It can putter around all day like a trainer, but it can do respecable Standard (sport) aerobatics With ease, Stall turns perfectly, Big or small loops, Axial rolls, But There is one Thing very suprising........ it does nearly Flat upright flat spins, this thing will spin better than any of The other planes i have had, and knife edge fight is pretty darn good too (With some coupling towards the belly)

Power: OS .46 AX
Prop: APC 12.25 x 3.75 wide
Fuel: Sig 15% nitro 2 stroke
Old 06-02-2006, 10:19 AM
adrenalnjunky
My Feedback: (18)

One of our newer pilots had one at our field last weekend - Saito 72 on the nose.

Plane flew great - nice and smooth, as has been stated, similar to a 4-star. Relatively big rudder surface area and elevators allow for some better aerobatics than possibly the 4* or a Tiger2

Plane has a really sleek look to it - kinda like a Van's RV-4, and the half cowled engine is a nice touch for those of us that don't like planes with cheeks around the engine.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:01 PM
streetrodder

Power: OS .46 AX
Prop: APC 12.25 x 3.75 wide
Fuel: Sig 15% nitro 2 stroke
I'm using a super tiger .51 on mine .I had a 11x5 prop on it but may want to change to the 12.25x 3.75 but that is a 3d prop, the plane is not a 3d plane .I'm not looking for something to hover just some thing for my Dad to do some tricks and slows up on the landing not fly 3d.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:19 PM
dshemelrick

I have finished mine and it flies well even though i Have only put a OS .40 in it and lands very slowly and nicely.40 seems to do it justice for what i intend on doing with it as i am using it as a low wing trainer for my grandson.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:06 PM
streetrodder

What are you using for a prop on the .40 a 10x6 or 11x5 ?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:11 AM
ssw
My Feedback: (1)

I had seen the Pulse XT 40 in a magazine and thought it was a nice looking plane. At our club meeting at the field a few weeks ago, our local Hobby Shop proprietor/ member had one at the field flying it with the Evolution .46. I commented on how nice it looked and he handed me the transmitter and walked away. After flying it for about 5 minutes, I was convinced that this is a nice flying plane. Nice vertical up-lines. Rolls are a little coupled due to the small amount of dihedral, but not bad.

I picked up my new Pulse XT yesterday with an OS .46AX. The down-side is I have to take time away from my Z. Stuka build to build it.

Steve
Old 07-20-2006, 11:12 AM
dshemelrick

Sorryn was on a little vacation, im using a 10x6 prop on it and it has enough power till grandson gets more experiance on it
Old 07-20-2006, 02:06 PM
ed_cook1979

Oh well, it wont take you that long to put together. I Got mine together In a marathon building session at The hobby shop In 4 1/2 hours You will get back to your Z Stuka in no time

ORIGINAL: ssw

I had seen the Pulse XT 40 in a magazine and thought it was a nice looking plane. At our club meeting at the field a few weeks ago, our local Hobby Shop proprietor/ member had one at the field flying it with the Evolution .46. I commented on how nice it looked and he handed me the transmitter and walked away. After flying it for about 5 minutes, I was convinced that this is a nice flying plane. Nice vertical up-lines. Rolls are a little coupled due to the small amount of dihedral, but not bad.

I picked up my new Pulse XT yesterday with an OS .46AX. The down-side is I have to take time away from my Z. Stuka build to build it.

Steve
Old 07-20-2006, 02:18 PM
ssw
My Feedback: (1)

You know how it is. When my wife saw me working on the Pulse, she asked me, "What about the Stuka?" I told her I needed some instant gratification and that I would be back on the Stuka in about 6 hours. She understood exactly what I meant. I have a H9 P-47 that has been staring me down for attention and I've been able to avoid it, but the Pulse is so cute and a quick build, I couldn't resist. My name is Steve and I have a problem.