Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

my chipmunk

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

my chipmunk

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 10:50 PM
yellerchamp
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my chipmunk

[img][/img] A good day at the field, world models chipmunk trying to upload a picture, this is a great flying plane and looks great in the air........
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2006, 11:05 PM
forestroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my chipmunk

that's the smallest chippie i've evern seen... maybe only an inch across :-)
Old 05-22-2006, 11:42 AM
jmiceli11

Is that the World Models Super Chimpunk? If so how did you mount your engine? What engine did you use? Could you post a picture from the otherside?

I'm in the process of finishing one of these and need a little guidance with the engine mounting.

Thanks,
John
Old 05-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Primodus
My Feedback: (56)

John,

I have the WM Chippy also. OS-91FS SII Pumped mounted inverted with a remote glow, fuel dot, 15x7 APC. Mine has the retracts, but I changed the wheels to larger ones for grass nd I just leave them down in flight. Kinda wish I would have bought the fixed gear version.

What problems are you having with the mount?

Luke
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He96982.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	465125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56052.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	465126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22790.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	465127  
Old 05-22-2006, 05:33 PM
jmiceli11

Thanks for the Pictures Primodus! PM sent
Old 05-22-2006, 05:42 PM
yellerchamp
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi: Mine has a 91 four stroke magnum. Engine is mounted upright with muffler coming out right side. I have the fixed gear I always like the fixed gear version art schole flew. It has a 41x6 master airscrew wood prop. With the fixed gear the gear actually are forward of the leading edge. This makes for a very stable ground handling landing and takeoff. It flies great. I will send pix's. thanks...
Old 06-01-2006, 08:24 PM
getinked

i've got a cmp .40 sized chipmunk, It went together really quick, i finished it in one night, however i must say that the landing gear is very hurting, the mounts in the wings were drilled at different angles so, the wheels werent straight, it took me a while to figure out that it wanst the wind making my plane taxi crooked. Once i thought i fixed that problem, i bolted some steel rods from the axl to the trailing edge to give it a little more support, it landed great, but as soon as it hit the grass part of the runway the gear just bent out of shape, the plane flies great, very responsive and a nice looking little bird, but again, terrible landing gear, is this common with ARF's??
Old 06-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Primodus
My Feedback: (56)

It might be common with the CMP models, but not World Models version. My retracts hold up very well, although the wheels themselves are a bit small for grass.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:33 PM
BUGGS50
My Feedback: (1)

Hi, I have a WM chipmunk with retracts and flew it once last fall , it flew great but the the wheels were too small for our grass field. I couldn't taxi. This winter I put larger wheels on it. In doing this I had two problems, the wheel wells were to small and the new wheels were to wide for the axles I couldn't get the wheel collars on, I took them to the local car repair shop and he welded extensions onto the axles for the wider wheels. I then cut into the wing and built larger wheel wells. I flew it last Saturday for the 1st time this season. "WOW what a plane" The new wheels work great along with the retracts, It was a little windy but it didn't seem to affect this plane, It flew rock solid. I was a little worried about landings but found out it lands rock solid. I came in a little hot because I not sure how slow this thing will fly. I messed around a little with the flaps at high altitude and as soon as I put them on it climbed so they work, I haven't tried them for landing yet but I think they will make a difference. I really like this plane, I'm glad I choose this plane as my first low wing.