Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

TWM ultimate 120R wing incidence

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

TWM ultimate 120R wing incidence

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:02 AM
Heavy1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TWM ultimate 120R wing incidence

Hey guys was wondering if anyone can help with this, i have just brought the world models ultimate 120R, its my first bi-plane and i have been intimidated by some guys doen at the field about wing incidence, saying it has to be spot on or its big trouble, my problem is i cant find an incidence gauge anywhere, and it's always a struggle getting stuff of the internet delivered where i live, would the wing incidence jigs supplied with the plane be sufficient and accurate enough to ensure the job is done correctly, anyone had any experience building this plane? appreciate any help you can give.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:50 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: TWM ultimate 120R wing incidence

That plane should have come with two plywood templates. Just use the templates to align, and the incidence will be correct.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:30 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The two templates that were supplied with my WorldModels 46 size Ultimate worked excellently well. Makes setting up the wings a snap.

As for needing an incidence gauge for anything..... They're way overrated. Yeah, they're kewl to have and work, but why go to the expense and bother if you have a level floor and a ruler. I've had one for years and found that most times you have to work like crazy to set them on the wing/aileron (when the aileron is full span) to the point it's usually easier and more accurate to do the measuring on a flat floor with a ruler. And the stab/elevator always is a pain. Even when you think you've got them blocked rigidly you see some sag. OK.... not always. But you can use the floor/ruler with no extra work.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:15 AM
Heavy1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for the reply, i will use the incidence jigs and ruler, thanks again.