Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Tru Turn spinner question

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Tru Turn spinner question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:39 PM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tru Turn spinner question

I bought a 2 1/2 in spinner for my Mayhem w/YS110. It was too small so I'm using the 3" and ordered and adapter for my G26 to use the smaller one. It wont work. The thread is right but the it bottoms out before it tightens up on the backing plate. It's the correct adapter. What do you think?

Never mind. After searching the thing out, I find 2 1/2 is too small for the 16" prop. Got one for sale fellas.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Salty25
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Tru Turn spinner question

FYI

I had this problem on a spinner once. I went to the local hardware store and bought a shorter bolt.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well I'm a bit confused by your statement that the 2 1/2" is too small for the 16" prop...

I run a 2 1/2" Tru-Turn on my YS 110 with a 16x6 prop, but it does require that you order the "wide" version of the spinner which has the cutouts for the wider props. It will also fit the 16x4W prop, but that prop would not load my YS enough to keep it below 10,000 RPM and Dave Shadel the YS importer, recommends running the engine between 8500 and 9500 RPM over on the manufacturers support forum for YS. The 16x4W is also a bit thin in the hub area and you have to watch out that you don't bottom the threads on the crankshaft with the prop nuts and not tightening the prop to the engine completely.

IF you're talking about the length of the bolt that actually holds the spinner on, I had to shorten that bolt to get it to tighten up.

edit info:

FYI, I'm using the Tru-Turn adapter kit for the YS engine. It has the two prop nuts which lock against each other as well as the small bushing to make the backplate fit the YS crankshaft diameter.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:06 PM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

I know I kinda screwed up when I was writing the post. Here's what happened. I purchased the 3" spinner and adapter for my YS. With the APC 16X6 it works fine. When I ordered stuff for my Mayhem, I ordered a 2 1/2" thinking it was big enough. At the same time I ordered an adapter for my G26, which I thought I would use on the 3" and put it on my Big Boy. Well as things go, the 2 1/2" doesn't look right on the Mayhem so I went with the 3" on it. So now I have the 2 1/2" spinner and an adapter for the G26. It won't work because the spinner itself bottoms out on the adapter before it touches the backing plate. I'm not cutting anything to make it work. The bolt that holds the spinner to the adapter yes but that won't help the problem. I'll just have to return the spinner for a larger one.