Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GP Extra 300S 58” Won’t Axial Roll

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GP Extra 300S 58” Won’t Axial Roll

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Wings of Peril

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Extra 300S 58” Won’t Axial Roll

My Extra only does a rather fast, wide barrel roll instead of an axial roll – sort of like a trainer. I did not assemble the model. When I bought it; it only needed an engine and a receiver. I have two other similar models that roll fairly straight with no elevator input. One guy told me that both ailerons may need less down travel (more up than down). Does this sound like it would work? I would rather not put the ailerons on separate channels and limit the down travel independently. Can you rotate the servo arms on splined shafts and change pushrod lengths to accomplish this? Rotate which direction and how much? The horns seem to be on the hinge line. The CG and trims seem to be fine and the models doe not display any other unusual flight characteristics or warps. It did require about five clicks of left trim which I attributed to the built-in right thrust (not easy to change on this model). Thanks for the help.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:11 AM
carrellh

Default RE: GP Extra 300S 58” Won’t Axial Roll

Trainers typically have the aileron pushrods mounted in a way that creates aileron differential. This little drawing may be exaggerated a bit but it illustrates the general idea. It's worth a try.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19024.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	465865  
Old 05-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Wings of Peril

Default RE: GP Extra 300S 58” Won’t Axial Roll

Thanks Carrell. Good suggestion. I'll try it this weekend.
Regards