Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Vintage ARFs Anywhere???

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Vintage ARFs Anywhere???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Nitro Dew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage ARFs Anywhere???

Is anyone aware of where I can find Kwik Fli II, Taurus, Daddy Rabbit or Phantom I type ARFs, or similar type designed ARFs? My limited time doesn't allow me to build, but I love the lines on these old designs. Appreciate any help.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:15 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Vintage ARFs Anywhere???

Anytime you are looking for something out of production your best bet is always going to be to keep your eyes on what is being sold in the RCU Market Place or ebay. There are other options when it comes to kits, but as far as any out of production ARF's you are pretty well limited to finding an unassembled Plane on an Auction or Classified Site that has a big listing of RC Airplanes. I am not sure which Planes you have mentioned have been done as an ARF, unless you are including kits or scratch Planes that have allready been built.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:31 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You might want to check out the Cermark Graduate. It is not one of the listed planes, but it's classic lines are very similar. Hobby People may still have a Global Kwik Fli II ARF lying around. Great Planes has the Kaos ARF from the same era.

Jim
Old 05-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goldberg brought back the Skylark too. It's a great flier
Old 05-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might consider commissioning someone to build one for you. That, too qualifies as an ARF. They are all just a model that someone else built. That way you oulld have exactly what you want to fly.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 05-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Sport_Pilot

Global makes a version of the Kwik Fli. However if you are planning to compete in an SPA event, it is a very poor choice except for novice. The plane is much larger than the original and is way too heavy to be powered by a .60 two stroke, or even a .91 four stroke, at least compared to the Daddy Rabbits and other planes which perform very well with a .91 four stroke. You don't need a classic aircrart to compete in novice, so it is even a poor choice for that.

The only good choice for a classic ARF would be the WM Intruder. Not sure if they sell them anymore, but you might find one on auction here or that other auction site.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Nitro Dew
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks to all for the info
Old 05-25-2006, 02:47 PM
adrenalnjunky
My Feedback: (18)

These are Kits, but I thought I would post it incase you change your mind on building - the kits are relatively cheap, so it might be worth paying someone to build it for you:

http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/index.html

This company has the rights to manufacture repro's of a lot of the old classic Bridi designs.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Sport_Pilot

Can't beat the price of the classic Intruder ARF. Kinda think they are out of them.

http://ecsvr.com/abm/shopexd.asp?id=1289
Old 05-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Sport_Pilot

I think these are fiberglass fuse and foam wing planes on this site. Not ARF's but go together much easier than all balsa. Most of these are not ARF's but more modern pattern airplanes. Some are near vintage and some like the EU-1 are true vintage aircraft.

http://www.precisionaerocomposite.co...planes.default

They cost more than most ARF's and take more effort, but a fiberglass fuse will never get oil soaked, and takes a harder hard landing to damage.