Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Control Throws for World Models Intruder 90

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Control Throws for World Models Intruder 90

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:08 PM
rdrude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control Throws for World Models Intruder 90

I purchased this plane used at our club's annual auction . It appears that this model has been discontinued. I have been unable to find an instruction manual on the net to get the control throw settings. I also emailed Airborne-Models to get the info from them. They did not reply. Do any of you have the throw info for this plane? Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance...
Rob
Old 05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Cricklewood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Control Throws for World Models Intruder 90

I recently purchased what appears to be a World Hobbies Intruder 90 (was originally told it was a Grumman A6) and got in touch with the US distributor of the World Hobbies line of planes and they gave me the following suggestions re CG and control throws:

Dear Sir,

The World Models do not have a A6, the nearest one is the Intruder 90. CG. is about 6 in. from leading edge, measured at where the wing meets the fuselage. Control throws about 10 degree for the ailerons, 15 degrees for the elevator and 20 degrees for the rudder, you can use this for your first flight and adjust later according to your personal preference.

With best regards,

AirBorne Models
Old 05-31-2006, 12:45 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Control Throws for World Models Intruder 90

ORIGINAL: rdrude

I purchased this plane used at our club's annual auction . It appears that this model has been discontinued. I have been unable to find an instruction manual on the net to get the control throw settings. I also emailed Airborne-Models to get the info from them. They did not reply. Do any of you have the throw info for this plane? Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance...
Rob

---------------

Set up the controls to have as much throw as possible without making the servos buzz when the sticks are pushed to their corners.

Now, after that is done, set up your low rates (dual rate radio) to have about 50 to 60% as much throw. Take off with the dual rate switch in high rate. Only switch to low rate if you absolutely need to do so.

Make sure the balance point of the model is at the 1/3rd point (high point) of the airfoil and balance the model from side to side. You can do the latter by holding it upside down.

This model is not a trainer. If you can't handle this model on high rates, you have no business trying to fly it alone at a busy flying field. Get some help and good luck to you. That is a very popular model.