Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Where are the Hobby Retailers?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Where are the Hobby Retailers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 12:35 AM
garywi
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the Hobby Retailers?

If I can't find the plane I want on Tower, Hobby People, Horizon Hobby, what else is there?

Looking for 40-60 size ARFs, glow.

Gary
Old 05-31-2006, 06:23 AM
scooter052566

Default RE: Where are the Hobby Retailers?

What kind of plane?? .40 - .60 size What?
Old 05-31-2006, 04:03 PM
carrellh

Between Trainer, Sport, Scale; Tower has more than 50 ARFs listed in the 40 size and 60 size categories.

Can you be a bit more specific about what are you looking for?
Old 05-31-2006, 08:24 PM
garywi
My Feedback: (3)

I just want to know all the on-line retailers. I want to see what planes are out there. I know there are other manufacturers than what is listed on Tower.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:01 PM
drone pilot

You might look through any RC magazine at the ads. There are numerous "other" planes out there ranging from trainers to scale . Check out Third coast Hobbies, Cedar Hobbies, Richmond RC for a couple.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:44 PM
carrellh

Here's a list of RCU sponsors.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/allsponsors.cfm

I know it's not a comprehensive list of all hobby dealers but it is a bunch of them
Old 05-31-2006, 11:32 PM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

www.towerhobbies.com
www.omnihobbies.com
www.quantummodels.com
www.hobbyhorse.com
www.hobbyshack.com
www.hobbypeople.net
www.hobby-lobby.com
www.radicalrc.com
www.servocity.com

not to mention your local hobby shops.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:57 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a ton on Ebay , you have to be a smart buyer , look for the best ratings that are "real ratings " . Then you need to wait for the "buy now " , and you need to make sure you ask questions and they actually answer .
So far I have purchased about 4 planes on line , my biggest disappointmnet was a great looking Seafury , great fiberglass fuse and excellant detail did not have the retract rails installed so needless to say I am performing surgery on the wing .
I won a 71"Hellcat for $69 plus $45 shipping , a seafury for $149 , a P40 66" for 94 a few engines , battery packs ect . yOu need paypal 100% . There is a total bash in the warbird section under CMP Hellcat the plane is not a CMP but a Ebay copy like so many others , H9 , Top Flight , Yellow Aircraft cant touch the value of e-bay direct from supplier .
Remember when you bid on ebay add your shipping in first , its makes you disciplined so you dont over bid , shipping is a total profit buffer for ebay sellers , its usually $25.00 higher then needed so you need to get the plane at an extreme value . Inexperienced buyers drive the price up early and that is when I get out of the process and stop watching the plane .Example, a P47 , 71" span $45 to ship , if this plane is at $70 with 4 days to ship and the bidding ends on a weekend(highest view time ) its not worth watching, the price will go over $150 so now your at $195 and now your risk to benifit is to close . Howeveer if the plane is at 4 days to go and the bids are under $20 theres a good chance you can get this plane for $95 to $149 total with shipping
I live in Pa , there is one good Hobby Shop 70 miles from me and i support him every chance I get , also travel and the best shop in my opinion is in Richfield Minn called Hobby Warehouse , great prices and great staff , they do mail order . Been to Arizona on business gave up on the local shops .