Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Problem w/GP Christen Eagle cowl

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Problem w/GP Christen Eagle cowl

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:09 PM
ChuckCLJ
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem w/GP Christen Eagle cowl

Hi All,
I just bought a GP Christen Eagle from Tower. Everything looks great with the exception of a very small crack in the cowl. The crack is in the corner of one of the air duct openings. I never had a plane with a fiberglass cowl before. Should I be concerned? Do I complain to GP or should I just try to fix it it myself. IF fixing it myself is the best option how do i do it?
Thanks in advance for help you can provide.
Chuck
Old 06-05-2006, 08:01 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Problem w/GP Christen Eagle cowl

I'd contact GP and tell them about it, then if they send you a new one COOL. If not I'd consider fixing it my self. By the way if GP says they will send a new one, make sure you don't have to send the old one back and go ahead and fix it.
I fix my own stuff but I'm not going to try to tell ya how to fix yours. I do know that the first thing I would do if fixing it would be to drill a small stop gap hole at the end of the run then work from there. Good Luck ! ENJOY !!! RED