Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

109 ARF finally!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

109 ARF finally!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 04:46 AM
miklos
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 109 ARF finally!

Here's some pics of some ME109s at our club picnic this past month. Mine is the one in the cradle. The one on the ground with the nice paint job belongs to our club pres. Those two are both the new Kyosho 109s. The one on the bench belongs to my good freind Hector and is the Global .25 size 109.
enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71800.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	549157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51195.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	549158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31786.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	549159  
Old 10-27-2006, 04:57 AM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

They butchered the scale lines like CMP did to the Focke Wulf 190. If people keep buying these very off scale cheap planes, the manufacture won't care to get any of the Warbirds right when they design these things. If it ain't scale... than it's just a toy. So therefore, I'm not interested. JMO

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY
Old 10-27-2006, 07:03 AM
tfarmer96

I have been lusting for a 109e for a while. The only hitch in the VQ is its a 40 size and the gear placement is incorrect, just like the new hanger 9 spitfire. With that said I still think it’s a good looking bird for the price. My wife got me a hanger 9 p51 for my birthday and i hate the landing gear. It turned me off of Warbird ARFs.

At first I was jazzed up about this new bird but I just cant go back to 40 airplanes. I have given up on a good looking 60 size 109e and have decided to build one from a shark rc kit. I will start on it after i finish my 2nd topflite spitfire.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:50 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frankly, I'd rather see 100 "off scale cheap planes" (warbirds) at my field as opposed to the plethora of cubs, caps and other 3d planes that abound. In the air I'm sure this plane resembles a 109 as she cruises by. Perhaps this is just a steeping stone, that most likely is a thousand times easier to fly than a scaled out heavy wingloaded beauty, to peak the interest of a future warbird enthusiast. Not everyone has the time or skills to build full on Top GUn level scale birds. I have in my possesion a PCM 109-G6 100"inch kit that would take me 150 hours to trick out, but most likely I will assemble, detail and fly the hell out of my KMP 109 way before I embark on that project. It seems there are far fewer warbird lovers out there then there are other flyers, so I thrill to see anyone venturing into the world of these historic warbirds no matter how off-scale they might appear. By the way, technically they are all "toys" don't kid yourself Herr Peter.JMO

ORIGINAL: LuftwaffeOberst

They butchered the scale lines like CMP did to the Focke Wulf 190. If people keep buying these very off scale cheap planes, the manufacture won't care to get any of the Warbirds right when they design these things. If it ain't scale... than it's just a toy. So therefore, I'm not interested. JMO

AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY
Old 10-27-2006, 07:34 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think we're apt to have more ARF warbirds if we keep buying the ones that're available. If we refuse to buy any because they're not contest quality, there most certainly will be fewer and fewer to buy in the future.

We buy what's available but make sure it's clear to the mfg's when they do a lousy job.

For example, the following is a canopy from an ARF that is supposed to be a P40N. The scale accuracy has 5 mistakes.
1. A panel is not present on the ARF.
2. The frame for a vent is not present.
3. A frame piece is not present.
4. Probably the most distinctive frame member of a P40N is way off line.
5. Frame members that were supposed to be "very small" are the size of all other members.

The canopy features that almost define the N version have been missed by that ARF's mfg. The visual clues that actually most identify the N version are simply wrong. Not only does the particular mfg need to know that some things are ok to fudge, but some things blow it. Then their next offering might be a little better at actually looking like the real thing. And we'll all benefit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10552.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	549482  
Old 10-27-2006, 09:32 PM
drone pilot

Peter, Why do you waste your time in the ARF Forum at all? You've never made a positive comment about anything. If you are so hot about scale go spend your time there. You have every right to your opinion, but it seems you are a very unhappy person trying to share your misery with the rest of us, just remember to take your meds and you'll improve.....
Old 10-28-2006, 02:34 AM
diabloblanco

Found my next machine and havent finished my first
Old 10-28-2006, 05:57 AM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY
Old 10-28-2006, 06:15 AM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: MANFRED

Frankly, I'd rather see 100 "off scale cheap planes" (warbirds) at my field as opposed to the plethora of cubs, caps and other 3d planes that abound. In the air I'm sure this plane resembles a 109 as she cruises by. Perhaps this is just a steeping stone, that most likely is a thousand times easier to fly than a scaled out heavy wingloaded beauty, to peak the interest of a future warbird enthusiast. Not everyone has the time or skills to build full on Top GUn level scale birds. I have in my possesion a PCM 109-G6 100"inch kit that would take me 150 hours to trick out, but most likely I will assemble, detail and fly the hell out of my KMP 109 way before I embark on that project. It seems there are far fewer warbird lovers out there then there are other flyers, so I thrill to see anyone venturing into the world of these historic warbirds no matter how off-scale they might appear. By the way, technically they are all "toys" don't kid yourself Herr Peter.JMO

ORIGINAL: LuftwaffeOberst

AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY

I know that... I just don't know why they couldn't do a better job with the Scale lines? I don't mind one or two things off, but Darn... look at the Nose... it looks like a P-51! They could have done a much better job over all. It looks like another cheap plane that you will need more than a Coffee Can of money to get it to fly right. JMO

Manfred, Germany is coming out soon with a movie called, "The Red Baron." My wife is in contact with the producer and one of the writers of the film. They even have the actors looking like Manfred and Lothar, right down to the height! The movie should be released here at the states next year...and it will be dubbed in English as well. It will be very realistic to all the events that happened in his life. I think Hollywood could learn a few lessons after that terrible Flop, " Flyboys." Links will be provided if wanted.

AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY

Old 10-28-2006, 06:50 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Pete , I think based on your plastic model experience you will have difficulty in the arf area and the even the scale area . Please dont be insulted in my comments but I learned early on that RC planes need to fly . Two critical issues, when it comes to warbirds many arfs have been designed to have lighter wing loads and less scale airfoils but will perform much better then the scale version resulting in a more tame warbird , happier RC pilot who buys more and possibly advances to more difficult warbirds -H9 planes are great examples(please dont go to the tail are aof H9 as being a better flying surfuce but overall desing is my point).
Point two , I would say we are in wave three of the ARfs with a possible evolutiuon of a total of 5 . One -was arc , with many issues limited offer , mostly trainers , or foam covered warbirds that look like cartoons . Two more varities , still a ton of trainers , some sport planes , 40% of the interior build still needed . Now wave three - big jump , People like Vq with hindged flying surfaces , rivits , thick airfoils , even H9 with more great flying warbirds , Top Flight , Skyshark ect . Most of these companies went for flying excellance first , scale accuracy second with Quality mixed in at 1/2 . They offer great planes , great value and there getting more warbirds out of the flight line then Boeing . I am very excited about the progression and hope it continues because with every offering its just gets better to earn the RCers money .

My last two points , there is a ton of "closet scale builders [X(]out there including me , just dont have the time bu these ARF allow us to tweek as many things as we choose , its the fun part .
Lastly if you have a hang up with the accuracy of scale especailly because of the accuracy offered in plastic, you should really try to build a kid or a semi kit . Trust me its the only thing that is going to satisfy you because unless you are willing to dish out $700 or more for a yellow kit you not going to find exact scale under that price , but in reality only you have to be happy in the end . Dave Platt said " dont always worry about it looking scale if it looks good "
Old 12-10-2006, 08:08 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

OK GUYS>>> FOR ALL THOSE HOLDING YOUR BREATH... THIS PAST WEDNESDAY..... ME-109s ARRIVED along with the entire line that had been out of stock for a while.....
ME-109 and most all the VQ WARBIRDS are now LASER CUT!!!!!!!!

CHECK IT OUT HERE IN RC UNIVERSE MARKETPLACE:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=244249

and also at :
http://www.vqwarbirds.com/products/aircraft/me109e.html

Thanks for being patient... and for all the emails!!!

Happy Holidays...

-TOMAS
Old 12-11-2006, 03:27 AM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: LDM

Pete , I think based on your plastic model experience you will have difficulty in the arf area and the even the scale area . Please dont be insulted in my comments but I learned early on that RC planes need to fly . Two critical issues, when it comes to warbirds many arfs have been designed to have lighter wing loads and less scale airfoils but will perform much better then the scale version resulting in a more tame warbird , happier RC pilot who buys more and possibly advances to more difficult warbirds -H9 planes are great examples(please dont go to the tail are aof H9 as being a better flying surfuce but overall desing is my point).
Point two , I would say we are in wave three of the ARfs with a possible evolutiuon of a total of 5 . One -was arc , with many issues limited offer , mostly trainers , or foam covered warbirds that look like cartoons . Two more varities , still a ton of trainers , some sport planes , 40% of the interior build still needed . Now wave three - big jump , People like Vq with hindged flying surfaces , rivits , thick airfoils , even H9 with more great flying warbirds , Top Flight , Skyshark ect . Most of these companies went for flying excellance first , scale accuracy second with Quality mixed in at 1/2 . They offer great planes , great value and there getting more warbirds out of the flight line then Boeing . I am very excited about the progression and hope it continues because with every offering its just gets better to earn the RCers money .

My last two points , there is a ton of "closet scale builders [X(]out there including me , just dont have the time bu these ARF allow us to tweek as many things as we choose , its the fun part .
Lastly if you have a hang up with the accuracy of scale especailly because of the accuracy offered in plastic, you should really try to build a kid or a semi kit . Trust me its the only thing that is going to satisfy you because unless you are willing to dish out $700 or more for a yellow kit you not going to find exact scale under that price , but in reality only you have to be happy in the end . Dave Platt said " dont always worry about it looking scale if it looks good "

To each is own I guess. One mans trash is another mans treasure. I guess there's a market for everything.

AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY

Old 12-11-2006, 05:35 AM
LDM

Well Pete , based on your frustration with CMP you should try a VQ . The planes and the parts fit like a glove , my P40 is the best thing next to a ARF Top Flight P40 gold edition .
The wing is so tight in the saddle its amazing , total sheeted wings , nice thick airfoils ect .

On the other note from 10/28 , like you said to each is own , I have variuos (Willshobby , CMPs , Evergreen , Flymodels )all China made EBay sold planes . I won them for as little as $93 to as high as $169 . All fiberglass fuse , nice base models of my favorite warbirds . Not one of them will surfice to me out of the box . Everyone of them will be tweeked , upgraded and made with my own touches .However the cost will still be hundreds less then building on my own .I have a P47 , won the plane for $109 delivered from mckland on Ebay , 66" span , fiberglass fuse , flaps , all silver , you could not belive the quality .
I will reinforce the cowl , and some other areas but no biggie .

Oh one more thing , VQ can fly fly out of the box , great parts and hardware . Try the 109 , you will love it .
Old 12-15-2006, 08:56 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody got one of these yet?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:13 PM
LDM

Darock have not seen an online build yet , I know there know in stock . I did see the 78" ebay 109 on RCU , not a bad plane for $199
Old 12-16-2006, 12:53 AM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

You all should see them start to pop up here soon!!!!!!!!! Been shipping many out!! PICTURES do NOT DO it justice!! IT IS A REAL TREAT!!!!!!!!![8D]

-TOMAS
[email protected]
www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 12-26-2006, 04:21 AM
diabloblanco

ORIGINAL: darock

Anybody got one of these yet?

I have one and I am quite satisfied, there is only one real issue, the right side gear needs some work but I havent email thomas yet. The build quality on this ARF exceeds my expectations. There wasnt a single wrinkle when I removed it from the box. Ill try to get some pics but I have to say that I am far from adept at assembling this aircraft.

I does look better in person than the website pictures.