Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Are Wire Reinforcements Needed on Tail of Kyosho Flip?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Are Wire Reinforcements Needed on Tail of Kyosho Flip?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 10:17 AM
3D Romeo
My Feedback: (111)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Wire Reinforcements Needed on Tail of Kyosho Flip?

Hi,

I was wondering if the wire reinforcements are needed on the tail of the Kyosho Flip?

I fly almost exclusively 3D maneuvers, but everything is done very slowly, and at as low of a throttle setting as I can get away with. The only time I'll ever hit full throttle is when climbing to do spins, and an occasional Blender or two.

If support is needed for the tail, I was wondering if adding Carbon Fiber rods (like the Funtana uses) would be acceptable? I don't really care for the wires. I'd really prefer to omit these supports all together, but if they are needed I guess I'll have to add them.

Please let me know what your experience has been in this area.

Thank You,

Mark

P.S. - I don't know if it matters, but I figured I'd mention a little about my setup...Saito .72, Futaba 9001's thru-out (except for a Hitec H-81 on throttle), center mounted fuel tank with an Iron Bay fuel regulator, stock control horns, but 4-40 rods and ball links at the servo arm (which are H/D Dubro arms).
Old 07-30-2006, 12:07 AM
3D Romeo
My Feedback: (111)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are Wire Reinforcements Needed on Tail of Kyosho Flip?

No Comments?

I know the Flip has been out for awhile now, and somebody has to have some experience with it.

I just need to know if the reinforcements are needed ot not?