Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Decisions Decisions, New Plane

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Decisions Decisions, New Plane

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 AM
chris8105
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions Decisions, New Plane

I need a little bit of advice here on which plane to buy. I think I have it narrowed down to either a Great Planes Little Toni, or a Hangar 9 Funtana X50. Im not sure which one to get though. I like the Little Toni because it can be flown pretty fast, but I dont like about it is it isnt very aerobatic. I like the Funtana X50 because it is aerobatic but probably cant be flown very fast because it is a 3D plane and would likely rip control surfaces off. Maybe I am wrong can one of these planes do both? Fast and aerobatic?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:59 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Decisions Decisions, New Plane

The new Funtana "X" series was designed to be stronger than the original, so flying fast is now very possible - Certain precautions should be taken like high torque servos and ball links to prevent any slop. but the airframe can handle speed much better than it's predecessor.

But then, if you just want high speed and aerobatics, why not a good extra 300 or Edge 540?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:09 PM
chris8105
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Decisions Decisions, New Plane

I think I am going to go with the Little Toni, I just read in the tower talk magazine that the little toni is capably of almost all aerobatic manuevers.