Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Raidentech/Nitro Models/AKM Gee Bee 120

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Raidentech/Nitro Models/AKM Gee Bee 120

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Rube Goldberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raidentech/Nitro Models/AKM Gee Bee 120

I've just bought one of these from Raidentech, the R2 version, and it looks great. Having little to no luck finding this particular model being discussed anywhere on the RCU forums. Lots of info on the 68" span Great Planes version; this one is 72" span.

Of course my greatest concern is the location of the CG. The manual that came with the ARF suggests 105mm from the leading edge. The chord at the fuselage measures 293mm, hence this suggests about a 36% CG------the Great Planes version suggests 70mm from the leading edge, of course I don't know what the chord on that one is......and from the info I have gathered searching the forums it appears the general concensus is somewhere around 18%-22%.

Surely at about $150 SOMEBODY has got to have one of these and are flying it! Thanks!
Old 12-16-2006, 11:46 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Raidentech/Nitro Models/AKM Gee Bee 120

Just get your CG on or forward of the thickest part of the wing and you should be safe. This holds true with just about any airplane with a constant chord, tapered wing. Only time this changes is with sweep.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:14 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raidentech/Nitro Models/AKM Gee Bee 120

Did you every fly this model? I have been thinking about it and wanted to know what the consensus is. Thanks!