Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Nitro Models Cap 232 .60 size

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Nitro Models Cap 232 .60 size

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:47 PM
SplitWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Models Cap 232 .60 size

Last week I ordered the .60 Breitling Cap 232 from Nitro Models and today I received the plane shipped via FedEx ground. After a $30 online coupon code, I paid $89 for the plane plus $20 shipping. After inspecting the package, I'm starting to regret my decision to buy this plane. Only afterwards did I do a little research into NitroModels here on RCU.

First and foremost, both wings are damaged, apparently from shipping. Both the outside container and the plane's box were damaged. On both wings, the balsa wood has been bent and cracked from pressure on the wings. Obviously the overlying covering is heavily wrinkled in these areas. The fuselage will need significant work with an iron to get out many wrinkles.

The manual is horrible. I'd heard about that before I ordered, but it is really bad. Step 2 is "install the servo". It doesn't say which servo or where. The diagram shows a drawing of a servo, but no idea of location. Neither wing has a cutout for a servo. The underside of each wing has a panel that is big enough to hold a servo, but you will have to cut the covering and then trace out the servo size and cut a hole in the balsa.

The fuselage has been pre-cut for a rudder servo and ONE elevator servo, but there is no opening for an elevator servo on the right side.

The wheel pants are white/clear opaque plastic, very similar to a fuel tank. There are no holes pre-cut for the wheels. You will have to cut the pants to create an opening for the wheel as well as the axel.

Has anyone assembled an ARF that has no holes pre-cut for servos? Maybe they exist, but I've never experienced it (this being my 5th ARF I've built).

I'm not mad at NitroModels, but more mad at myself for not researching the company more before buying. If that is the way they choose to run their company, then that's life. You truly get what you pay for.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:57 PM
gbfan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitro Models Cap 232 .60 size

Call the people that shipped to you to see if they took out insurance. I buy
Chinese models, I had a cap 232 , I had to iron the whole plane first.
Looked like a fricking raisin Then I had to add wood to the cockpit it was so thin
I could put my finger threw it. Then I had to beef up the landing gear.
But when I was done the plane flew like a dream !
Now I bought a SR2 cap 232 1/4 scale it is made in Europe.
I paid $89 plus 30 dollars shipping off RC Universe 73" wingspan....
Plane is awsome, but the cowl is white and so are the other plastic pieces
so I had to match paint. But I knew that from the pictures of the ARF
Some people dont want to do the extra work a cheaper
plane usually brings. I dont either believe me, but I could not see paying
about 400 or 500 for a good 1/4 scale plane. So I am working my tail off.
What about a pull pull rudder that will free up the other hole for 2 servos
on the elevator.. you will have to reverse one servo. I was going to do that
to this plane, but I bought a hi torque instead and I will use only one servo
on the elevator
Old 08-17-2006, 03:01 PM
drone pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Models Cap 232 .60 size

Perhaps we should all remember "There is a sucker born every minute." and "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is." Having said that.......I found Parkmodel.com Great prices and pay by paypal, shipped from Austrailia and a ligit looking web site. A .60 size P-51 like Hangar 9 for $100 , WOW, shipping is a bit steep at $56.00, but still a bargin. I'm anxious to see if I bought "a pig in a poke" or got a real deal... I know. I know, but every so often I have to do something stupid to remind myself not to do something stupid......... Think the plane will be here next week (hopefully).