Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

WM Cap232 Castrol

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

WM Cap232 Castrol

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 03:26 AM
maiden-crash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WM Cap232 Castrol

Hi guys.

Im new to fuel and have flown electric for a year. Im just wondering if anyone has this plane and if its good or not.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2006, 06:32 AM
Raphael

Default RE: WM Cap232 Castrol

I do not have this plane, but a lot of the members from my club have one and, as far as I know they enjoy this CAP very much!

Also, there had been quite a few threads about this plane few months ago in this forum. Do a search you will get a lot of info.

Regards,
Raphael
Old 08-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Heavy1000

i have this plane and it is excellant, although no longer available in the castrol scheme due copyright issues. put a 70 size 4 stroke in it to get the most out it, great vertical and a very easy plane to fly. in my opinion its a great aerobatic trainer. you wont regret having one.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:42 AM
BOLTMAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maiden-crash

I have this model. It went together really well. I have an OS FL-70 in it & it's a great match.

I love flying this thing. It is a great model to do touch & goes with, slows down nicely & very forgiving at low speed. At the other end of the envelope it does knife edge loops, knife edge cuban 8's, knife edge spins, inverted flat spins, lomcevaks & really wild snaps. It is also very clean in slow rolls, 4 & 8 point rolls. With the FL-70 it has enough grunt to hover, it will climb out of the hover, but struggles to climb away in a hurry.

All round a great little model for the price.

If you hunt around I am sure that some shops will still have stock with the full Castrol colours. I am told that the new ones look the same, but without the "Castrol" markings. One of the other members of our club has one on order, I'll know for sure what they look like when it turns up next week as I will be helping him to put it together.

I would recommend that if you get one you add some colour to the bottom, it comes just plain white. I added red wingtips to the bottom & find it very helpful for visibility.

Cheers
Old 08-11-2006, 12:54 AM
maiden-crash

Thanks guys so much.

Sounds like this plane is a keeper. The whole reason the plane caught my attention was the scheme, Im really disappointed that its discontinued. Sports car, you said that the new scheme is the same but without the castrol markings, do you know if it still looks as good?

Thanks again.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Heavy1000

this is the new one and my cap in castrol colors, you make your own decision but i still think the torn effect on the wings and the castrol stuff all over really finish it off, the new one still looks good and i cant fault the airframe design, have fun with this plane, it will grow with your abilities. regards peter
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60027.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	505632  
Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2006, 10:19 AM
BOLTMAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maiden-crash

Well there's your answer as to what the new one looks like.

I still reckon if you hunt around you will find one in the old colours. IMO the old one looks heaps better.

Try www.coltaylormodels.com ( no internet shopping, you will have to ring up ).

I would say there is a fair chance Col will have one as he usually seems to buy his stock in bulk.

Good Luck
Old 08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
georgee

Hi Folks,

I"ve just bought this beauty in my favourite shop.It"s the castrol coloured version.I was charged for 139 Euro. Honestly I was flirting with buying this for weeks now,but I "ve 2 new ships to assemble.In fact I wanted a really easy to fly and transport airplane beside my gassers, kind of slowflyer.I will use her as a let off the steam plane.
I hardly can wait for your stories about this plane.

George
Old 08-11-2006, 05:05 PM
sigrun

ORIGINAL: maiden-crash
The whole reason the plane caught my attention was the scheme, Im really disappointed that its discontinued. Sports car, you said that the new scheme is the same but without the castrol markings, do you know if it still looks as good?
'Eye of the beholder', but the concensus would be that No. It doesn't Flies the same though. Gem of a model.

Looked like TWM were negotiating for a while there for an alternate, as after they withdrew the Castrol scheme and were selling the current one, they had it on there website , then withdrew it with an announcement a new sceme would be appearing soon, but it has since reappeared with the implication it is here for the duration. Looks like all comers wanted more than the Chinese were prepared to pay in Royalties. Sad, as despite the erstwhile quality of the model and its great flying characteristics, it was the colour scheme in particular which lept out and said buy me, buy me! I did, pushing my planned CAP purchase forward when I saw the new ugly ones appearing in the Oz marketplace. I was lucky enough to score one in the original Castrol colours, but they are no longer available Oz since replaced by the one illustrated by Heavy1000.

The other outstandingly decorated CAP in a must have colour scheme is the GP Matt Chapman CAP 580, but it is considerably heavier in class, and although I'd still love one regardless - the price in Oz...OMG![:@]
Old 08-11-2006, 05:24 PM
maiden-crash

Thanks for all your imput guys.

Ive decided with the new bad information on the new plane that I wont get it. After all, I wasnt after this newer, heavier more expensive version, but the one that caught my eye with the dazzling scheme and great charecteristics. I might just get the Hangar 9 mustang since It will be my first glow.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:20 AM
georgee

Hi Folks,

I"ve assembled the Castrol baby in 2 days.That was a really easy process.The asians spared with the glue as ever,I had to reinforce almost every join.Otherwise,it seems to me a good construction.I"m using a 2 stroke Sy52 engine on it,and its really enough.Yesterday I maidend it.That was one of my easiest.There was no surprise at all during the first flight.It"s going to be my park flyer beside my gassers.

Georgee