Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Senior Kadet Wings

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Senior Kadet Wings

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 07:32 PM
DVI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Senior Kadet Wings

Looking into getting a large slow plane to install floats on. I like the Kadet Senior ARF, but with an 80" wing span would not be able to close the back tail gate on my truck.
Does any one know if the wing comes as a two piece panel stock from Sig? And if so, How and what does Sig use to join the wing panels.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:28 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Senior Kadet Wings

Seems like it's a two-piece wing. At least one of the ones flying at our field is a two piece; I think when you get the ARF, the wing is packed as two halves, it's no big deal to make it a two piece. Just don't glue the halves together. The dowels in front and the wing bolts in back will keep the halves from separating after they're mounted to the fuse.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a two piece wing. The halfs are joined by an aluminum joiner, and the root of the wing by an aluminum pin. Once bolted to the fuse, the tonge on each wing half and the bolts keep it from going anywhere. I glued the joiner in one half so I do not lose it. This is the plane I am teaching my six year old daughter to fly with, and my sunday afternoon plane. I love it, you will not find a better slow flyer.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:25 AM
DVI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Guys.
Thats the plane I will get. Kinda like the blue and white color scheme.