Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

servo travel on segull edge 540 and CG!!!!! Need Help!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

servo travel on segull edge 540 and CG!!!!! Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:29 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default servo travel on segull edge 540 and CG!!!!! Need Help!!

I am almost finished with my segull edge 540 but I can not get it to balance out at 100mm and I have about 5 oz on the front of it. I was also trying to adjust the control trow on the elevator and the rudder but my servo keeps getting stopped by the connecting rod and can not get the full specs on the throw for the first flight. I have change the servo arms to the largest in the pack but it is still hitting. Please help.[:@]
Old 08-18-2006, 12:41 PM
clemrick
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: servo travel on segull edge 540 and CG!!!!! Need Help!!

Don't know what engine you have on your Edge but I put a tower hobbies 75 on mine and I too had to add some weight (about 6oz.) to get it to balance at the reccomended cg. As for the servo problem I guess I don't understand as I used the included servo arms that were in the flight pack (Futaba). On the ail. I used longer servo arms purchased at lhs.

clemrick

Should have told you I flew mine for the first time last Friday and was very pleased with the way it flew. Mine is a bit underpowered but for my kind of flying it will be just fine as I am not in to 3d and all that stuff.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:48 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: servo travel on segull edge 540 and CG!!!!! Need Help!!

Thanks clemrick

I got everyting worked out with that CG and the plane flys great floats like a feather. Hovers with a 14 x 6 master air screw prop at about 3/4 throttle, and I do not even have the controll surfaces at low rates yet, so just think when I get them to low and even high rates... I think I will get longer servo arms to solve the problem with the control arms hitting the servo arms.