Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Few ??'s on my GP Christen Eagle flight characteristics

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Few ??'s on my GP Christen Eagle flight characteristics

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:18 AM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few ??'s on my GP Christen Eagle flight characteristics

I love this plane overall. The only problems I have right at this moment are....

1) Need to put a bit of right thrust into the engine.. not a problem though, easy to do When I pull vertical, I have to hold in some right rudder to keep the upline straight.

2) There seems to be a lot of coupling in knife edge if I roll it onto the right side of the body. If I roll to the left knife edge, then it has little or no coupling. Roll to the right and it tucks into the landing gear in a hurry, and wants to roll to the left a little too.

Any suggetions on #2 by chance? I'm sorta at a loss. Other than that it flys beautiful, and loving the Brillelli 46 and TME smoke combo in this one! Such a stable plane and a beauty in the air.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

P.S. I know I've been flying quite some time now, but honestly I'm not overly familiar with programing mixes in to compensate for coupling, so if you could explain that a bit if that's your suggestion, that would be SOOOOO greatly appreciated! I'm still an old school flyer that has always prefered to wrestle the plane by hand, not using my 9caf to it's potential in airplanes anyway. (heli's are a different story!)
Old 08-17-2006, 12:28 PM
rcmiket

Default RE: Few ??'s on my GP Christen Eagle flight characteristics

Check the IMAC fourm or the Imac webpage all kinda goos stuff on trimming and mixing.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:01 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Will do.. Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah.. I know it's no pattern plane, but would like to be able to do a 4 point roll without giving myself a heartattack a bit lower to the ground
Old 08-17-2006, 01:32 PM
rcmiket

I have the same plane. It's fun to fly and looks great but..........I find myself flying my GP Patty Wagstaff like a Sunday flyer. Man I love that plane. Makes me look like I can Fly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40268.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	508738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16905.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	508739