Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Nitroplanes.com

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Nitroplanes.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 08:21 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitroplanes.com

I cant speak about Nitro , I wont buy from them because I wont deal with a company that likes to use differant business names , Nitro , Egrand buy , Raidentch , and about 7 other names are one companys

But ... the planes are what you need to look for ... when it comes to fule planes , they were carrying CMP and Flymodel copys of CMP .
If you look at some of the ads (because there so good at chaneging and updating there website lol ) you can still see the three differant versions of the 73" P40 , One was a real CMP the other was the Flymodels , same with the Hellcat , the SPit and the giant At -6 texan . Flymodels is a chaper copy of the CMP .

I agree with others to buy your CMP planes from Alex in Texas .I ordered my BF109 from him , got a great deal , quick shipping and no problems and you can reach him on the phone , he actully picks up what a novel idea .
Old 01-30-2010, 05:19 PM
_Tommy D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as you keep things clean I don't believe the Mods from the Nitroplanes forum can have your words edited in here.

Guess they could have the entire thread moved to there forum though, and THEN deleted
Old 01-31-2010, 07:01 PM
ohnoucdat
My Feedback: (16)

Well from what I've seen they have a forum host now, and he's a big nit planes supporter. He may also be a mod.,that I'm not sure about. Really now why would a company want to play fair with the forums,and feedback, when there complaints out number the satisfied customers 10 to 1, more or less.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay ohnaucdat,
The moderator on the Nitro Planes forum, pulls all negative postings. Who ever this guy (or gal) is even pulling postings from folks that had tried for several weeks to contact anyone from Nitro Planes, to help them out with their losses from buying a kit from these turkeys. Three of my posting were pulled...but calling them horse manure or camel ka-ka just was to vile for the moderator to accept as proper conduct in that forum. Guys in our club are starting to get the message and are no longer buying from Nitro Planes. There are other kit manufacturers out there with nice ARF kits at or near Nitro Planes prices, with good customer service. Nitro Planes customer service is a joke at best and argument-ally criminal at worst. They took my money, took back the parts they sent me that were not usable...and I never heard from them since. Its their luck they don't have an office near me...and to me are real shysters. They taught me a good lesson...and I will never deal with them or PayPal. I paid through PayPal...and I got zip help from PayPal...for after 30 days, PayPal will NOT refund any money no matter what the issue...even a blatant rip off like Nitro Planes is guilty of.
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 01-31-2010, 11:38 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I was able to get support from Nitroplanes through their help section in the help forum. I bought a plane that was missing hardware - they told me to get my own replacement and they would refund me the difference - and they did.

Later, I bought a replacement set of landing gear (payed with PayPal). They sent me something completely wrong, so I filed a complaint. Nitroplanes closed the complaint and refunded my money without me having to send the gear back.

I would only buy a plane from them if I had time and space and felt like buying a project to work on for cheap. It is rare that you will get something that goes together properly only with what's included in the box. Personally I'm sick of planes that don't go together the way they are supposed to, and enjoy spending the money on quality arfs and getting quality products with good covering and hardware.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:14 AM
ohnoucdat

Bob Paris
Bob until this new forum host started deleting posts,there was 100's of complaints just like yours. This host seems to have alot of knowledge, and skill in this Hobby,why he would put the spin on this company, and allow them to steal,lie, and scam people out of there money is beyond me. Only thing I can suggest,is to contact your local BBB,then tell everyone that asked you about them,to stay as far away from them as they can. While I understand your frustration,becareful,keep your story truthful,and honest,or the mods may smack your hand. Do a google search on the planes and items they sell,if anyone does business with them or sells items threw them,DON'T buy from them,it will trickle down. Hope it all works out for you
Old 02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Bob Paris

Hay ohnoucdat,
I've been with R/C Universe for 8 years, I've done several build up's on several models and contributed lots of good information to fellow modelers. I've been in this hobby all my life and I've never come across such a blatant dishonorable company as nitro planes (lower caps intentionally used). I truly believe that the moderator of nitro planes either has an interest in the company, or is profiting by his or her actions by pulling negative ads from the nitro plane company forum. To do this is not only dishonest, but shows nitro planes in much greater light then it really deserves. Any time nitro planes wants me to stop posting negative ads, they can replace my plastic parts on my 90" span green P-38. I've exhausted all other avenues with them and they refuse to do anything about it. So until they do replace my plastic parts, I'll do my best to show the hobby world just who they are...cheap, dishonest and clueless to what real customer service is. In today's world and economy, its customer service that gets my hobby $$$. What is so sad is that the parts needed to make my kit complete couldn't cost more then $5.00 to produce and send to me...yet they feel its easier to just blow me off and ignore the problem. What is also reality...I do spend good money on this hobby each year, and with the P-38 my first nitro planes buy...it was also my last nitro planes buy. Guy's in our club now buy from AK models and other distributors, but are shying away from nitro planes, directly do to my comments and several others that have had the same experience. If R/C Universe wants to pull my membership, so be it...there are other forums in the Internet world I can share my hobby with. I doubt they will though...for I must be one of thousands that have had the same experience with this company. Since the parent company is in China, and only has distribution in the U.S., it would not help me to go to the local BBB. Word of mouth is the best way to show fellow modelers how this company operates and treats customers. And last...if they pull my membership from this on-line hobby club-for my comments, they would have to pull literally hundreds of folks that have expressed the same opinion of nitro planes.
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
ohnoucdat

Bob you may be right, that the forum host may have a vested interest in the company, or is being compensated in some fashion. Who knows,not much you can do there. Question have you tried getting the john guy over in nit planes to help you? I've heard this same story hundreds of times concerning nit planes,while that's no help to you,at least your not alone. I didn't know that all the negs were getting removed in the forum/threads. So preach on,will it do any good,I doubt it. WOrd of mouth will work, I know of a few clubs that have them posted on do not deal with list,that may work,but don't let it consume you. I know they stole from you,but Go out and fly. I doubt you get kicked off RCU,as long as you keep it to a civil bashing LOL if there is such a thing. I know a few of the mods have mentioned nit planes,even one going as far as saying they were getting better. Guess he didn't know all the negs get removed.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Bob Paris

Hay ohnoucdat,
Nice comments...thanks. Your right, I doubt that nitro planes will ever send me my parts...but as crazy as this may seem to you...at times it makes me feel a little better. Just to keep you up on whats on my plate...I always have a model on the building board. Either an ARF I'm modifying, or a kit I'm assembling...No matter what is going on in my life...I always have a model in the process of gaining its flight worthyness. Building models settles my soul, and later...a blast to fly. I fly weekly, and I also take part in all the club fun flys and scale meets. I usually fly once a week...but sometimes twice at our flying field at Pu'unana. It is an old WWII Marine Corsair reventment and taxi area...and has a lot of history. The local drag strip uses the runway for its races...and its at sea level, with built in trade winds, most all the time.

I built two models in the past three months. The fist was a one-on racer for our club pylon racing. The model is a World Models (a good company) Corsair II, with a Pro .40, and strictly built by the instruction manual. No mods allowed for your club racing and it is not only a simple model to put together, but surprisingly a solid flying model. It will be fun with ten or so guys building these and our first race is this coming Saturday.

My last model was a three engine ugly stick, a twin ugly stick modified to three engines. I did a short thread on the build in the twin engine section and it was a modified old Cedar Hobbies twin ugly stick. Its powered by three MECOA .32's (great little engines), has a 65" wing span and is a super flyer. It also makes some great good bit of racket when all three engines are full throttle and flew right off the board with no flight issues. Its very fast, and on 9x6 props one of the fastest piston models in our club. I now power it with 10x4, not only to slow it down a bit...but give it some real pull in the vertical. It goes up like a home sick rocket...yet with flaperons...will land nice and sweet. All ugly sticks fly good, but this is a really good one, even better then my ugly stick bi-plane.

Next on the table is a 120 size F6F...scale wing, all three gear retractable and my first gas engine...a 26 RGCF, with a 70"+ wing span. Its a China made model...not purchased through nitro planes, bought for a great price several years ago.

May the flies of 1000 camels infest nitro planes private parts... : )

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21321.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1370074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42333.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	1370075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14069.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	1370076  
Old 02-06-2010, 04:30 PM
ohnoucdat

Bob
I think I figured it out. You didn't happen to use one of those 5% off discount codes when you ordered your plane from NIT Planes did you? I understand if you use the code, you only get 95% of your plane.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:25 PM
IAMKAOS

about 2.5 years ago a flying buddy of mine bought 3 nitroplane models over a several month period until he learned his lesson. one in particular was a delta wing model(do not remember the name of it) that had these bolt on wings to the sides of the fuse. he ask me to come by his house to help him with it. the instruction manuel was worthless.on one wing panel the wing root was so far out of square that it would not come close to seating up against the fuse side. the covering on the model was coming loose and sagging everywhere. i told him he should send it back. for 2 weeks he called and e-mailed them every day but they would not give him the time of day. he decided to fix it and spent quite of bit of time repairing the one wing panel. on the day of the first flights everthing went without a hitch until the 3rd flight when the engine firewall came loose sending the model into a death spiral. i had told him to epoxy the firewall inside the fuel compartment but he got in a hurry and he forgot. another nitromodel plane he had the wing snapped around two ribs out from the wing root. the very soft wood spar just snapped. .all the negative posts i have read about them , you would think they would try and get their act together. they have to know about their reputation..sad