Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Engine for Phoenix Sukhoi SU-31?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Engine for Phoenix Sukhoi SU-31?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Pilots12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine for Phoenix Sukhoi SU-31?

Well I'm jsut about done with my Su 31 and all I need is a good engine for it. I live in Denver so we lose some power up here at 5000ft. I've looked around and am thinking about one of these 3, what are your inputs on this?

GMS 47 : http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDXM2&P=0

Magnum 52: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHSL3&P=0

Lincoln 61: http://cgi.ebay.com/Megatech-Lincoln...QQcmdZViewItem

A friend of mine has one of those Lincoln 61's in his 60 size trainer, seem sto be a good engine and you cant beat the price, but im worried about the weight of that in the Phoenix Sukhoi. Any info would help.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2006, 07:51 AM
IAMKAOS

Default RE: Engine for Phoenix Sukhoi SU-31?

all those engines will work.i had a two stroke enya .50 cx on my phoenix suhkoi. plenty of power!!.. the only problem i had with mine is those 2 piece nylon motor mounts. my enya had to be mounted on the extreme end of those mounts for a proper cowl fit. i had vibration problems because those nylon mounts. i ended up changing them out by installing a one piece 4-stroke mount with longer mounting arms to maintain cowl fit. the phoenix suhkoi( at least mine) i thought was heavy for it's size. be careful not to do a slow speed tight turn.....she'll snap out!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Pilots12

Yeah I've been looking at that mount and I dont like it, I'll end up finding a better one at the Hobby Store.

I read about how it will snap pretty easy and was woundering, if I came up with some kind of a wing fence, similar to what the A300 has, would that help prevent snaps? I know it will help keep the airflow better over the wing, so maybe no more snaps then?
Old 04-09-2007, 01:40 AM
oojamison
My Feedback: (1)

I put gms .76 with a pitts muffler and it flies great. Unlimited vertical.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:00 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would rather say take something like a Saito 82. If its with a 2C then I have flown this plane with a 46 2C and 61 2C, the difference in wing loading is obvious. The 61 may give more power but then flying characteristic sucks due to higher wing loading. Maybe a Magnum/SC/ASP 52 2C is the best in terms of compromise.