Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Funtana 100X & Zenoah G20

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Funtana 100X & Zenoah G20

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:56 PM
hrrcflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funtana 100X & Zenoah G20

Hello everyone,

Has anyone out there tried this combination? Ovbiously, the plane won't do any 3D stuff, but thats OK with me. I have a new G20 sitting on my bench and I am looking for the airplane to do things like precise point rolls, axial slow rolls and other maneuvers. I also like the fact that I should be able to fly around for close to 20 minutes on one tank of fuel VS 10-15 minutes with a glow motor.

Fly safe and have fun!!!
David
Old 01-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Syssa Aircraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funtana 100X & Zenoah G20

It will probably fly ok...but I would not expect any hovering to be viable.

I have a BCMA 26cc gasser in mine and it is awesome...I think it weighs the same as your engine...possible less. My entire engine weighs 40 oz with the electronics including the ignition batter that weighs 2 oz. (I made up a 4 cell energizer AAA 900 mah pack - lasts for about 2 hours and i have two of them)

Sell the 20 and get one of these! You can hover and fly with a bulletproof engine that will not flameout.

It would probably be an even swap for what you could sell the Z for.

The BCMA has lightning quick throttle response and the installation is sweet and really easy!
Check out my install photos in the Funtana 100x Forum.

Take care,
Todd