Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

G.P. Tripe

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

G.P. Tripe

Old 02-18-2002, 11:23 AM
planelazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G.P. Tripe

Just recieved my new Triplane and it look's great.Covering is perfect .Nice glass cowl and a nice set of WW1 tires.The wing's are one piece so no wing gluing and it is really light .They recommend up to a 70 4 srk and i have a Magnum 80 so that should fly it nice.I have been modeling almost thirty year's and used to build kit's.I have a ton of kit's that will probably never get built because i have been arfing for the last ten tear's.They keep coming out with such beautiful planes.It's Great. Get it Great Planes. Tim.
Old 02-19-2002, 01:21 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Default GP Tripe aka "Fokker Dr1"

Mine comes in this week! I'm really looking forward to getting this one airborne. What do you think of the wooden tail skid? I'm going to power mine with an OS.91FS. May sound a little much but I'm all ready at 2700 feet above sea level. Good Luck and watch out for "Snoopy"!

Loopman
Old 02-19-2002, 04:16 AM
wildthng

Default G.P. Tripe

when they stressed tested this plane they used a 91 surpass and while not scale it was almost able to knife edge loop at full throttle.Your going to have a lot of fun.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:01 PM
planelazy

Default G.P. Tripe

Loopman.I haven't done anything but inspect it for damage so far.I did see the tailskid.It look's like it glues in rigid.Might be a problem.I have a 3seebees Spad with a scale tailskid with the bungee .I don't know if it would be possible to makr this one scale or not but it is one nice arf. Tim.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:53 PM
DonM

Default G.P. Tripe

How about changing to a steerable tail wheel ?? I fly from pavement.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:56 PM
planelazy

Default G.P. Tripe

Hi Don.Either that or screw a small piece of metal to the bottom of the tailskid so as not to wear out the wood. How is the weather up there? Tim.
Old 02-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Default Triple Decker Winner!!!

Got mine last night! Absolutely flawless!! I do believe that I am going to do something with the tail skid though, like a small light metal plate to guard against wear. Can hardly wait to get this one to the field!!!

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 02-20-2002, 12:55 PM
DonM

Default G.P. Tripe

Well the weather is great up here, if you like -40 to -45 degrees, been that cold for over 2 weeks now. we have 7 - F150 trucks at work and it is a major job keeping fan belts in stock, at these temps they break like glass.

Been thinking about this Tripe or H9 Taylorcraft, can't make up my mind, I have Extra's, Giles & Ultimates and want a change of pace. No I don't fly here, I work here 10 months and spend 2 months in "Southern" Canada, one more year and I'm out here for good.

Still didn't answer my question, could you put a tailwheel on this Tripe ???
Old 02-20-2002, 05:20 PM
planelazy

Default G.P. Tripe

Hi Don. Yes i think you can get inside the fuse before you glue on the horizontal stab and glue in a plate to mount a tailwheel bracket on. also have the G.P. Taylorcraft and it is just as nice as the Tripe.Hard to make a choice with all the great arf's around. Tim.