Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Cessna 182

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Cessna 182

Old 02-20-2002, 06:40 AM
BP5589
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cessna 182

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer producing an arf Cessna 182 with a wingspan of at least 72 in.?
Thanks, Bill
Old 02-20-2002, 01:17 PM
EkRr
My Feedback: (51)

Default Cessna 182

I have a Hanger 9 Cessna 182 ARF. I believe that it has a 68" Span (check the website).

This is a great plane. It is very realistic. I bought the Modelsport Videos (www.modelsport.com) and they did a series of tapes with mods to this plane.

I added flaps which is on the video and is very easy to do. I also changed the nose Gear. The wire one they give you is no good. I am presently using a Fultz. I changed the wheels to larger ones. I was having a hard time rolling on the grass with the stock wheels. I used Sullivan Wheel Axles, instead of the nut and bolts that they provide.

I run a Saito 56 with plenty of power.

The only problem that I experienced with this plane is that it will snap out on you if you let your speed get too slow, especially with flaps down. Other than that, it is an awesome plane.

I looked at all the arfs and I liked this one the best.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3440_2895.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	2984  
Old 02-21-2002, 03:38 AM
BP5589
My Feedback: (4)

Default Cessna 182

zxxman
Thanks for the info and pics. I've checked this one out at HH, I sure wish it was a little bigger.
Thanks again,
Bill