Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

CMPro Nitroplanes build thread saga

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CMPro Nitroplanes build thread saga

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:19 PM
tromb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMPro Nitroplanes build thread saga

Hi, just as a FYI I have started this thread to relate my expeience with NitroPlanes after prchasing a CMpro Cessna 50 size.
Price seems reasonable, shipping a little high but still a good value if as advertised
Shipping info was promply sent after ofder and plane arrived day that they said it would.
Great. Nice job in order fulfillment
Open box..not so great. Vertical stab is split along leading edge and trailing edge of vertical stab
has crack and spider lines due to an obvious crush damage somewhere along it's journey.
I took pictures of the damage, along with a picture of the servo try area to assure them that it wasn't
crash damage and asked for a replacement fuselage
Got a reply e-mail that seemed stock generated

Dear Customer,

We shall have you someone contact you on the issue ASAP.

I will keep everyone posted
Old 02-20-2008, 02:39 PM
opjose

Default RE: CMPro Nitroplanes build thread saga

ORIGINAL: tromb

Hi, just as a FYI I have started this thread to relate my expeience with NitroPlanes after prchasing a CMpro Cessna 50 size.
Price seems reasonable, shipping a little high but still a good value if as advertised
Shipping info was promply sent after ofder and plane arrived day that they said it would.
Great. Nice job in order fulfillment
Open box..not so great. Vertical stab is split along leading edge and trailing edge of vertical stab
has crack and spider lines due to an obvious crush damage somewhere along it's journey.
I took pictures of the damage, along with a picture of the servo try area to assure them that it wasn't
crash damage and asked for a replacement fuselage
Got a reply e-mail that seemed stock generated

Dear Customer,

We shall have you someone contact you on the issue ASAP.

I will keep everyone posted
Not the best way to deal with this...

If you want quick resolution, PM John here with your order number ( nitrostaff1 ).

He'll take care of it ASAP once he checks in.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:36 PM
p51mech38
My Feedback: (3)

No matter who I order from it seems that UPS and Fed Ex are just crap these days. Then the shipping company claims that it was not packages properly, and never back the insurance you put on the parcel. Hell last year the crushed a full sized Cessna 182 engine mount so bad we had to get one from Cessna at the tune of $5000. It was shipped in a Cro-moly tube and plywood box for Christ sake. UPS gave us $150 and the shop ate the rest. I have seen a full-sized Cessna 182 crash and kill all four people and the engine mount was in better shape then the one we got back from UPS.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:27 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Try DHL. I have had good results overall, and their rates are generally less than the other two.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:07 PM
p51mech38
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

Try DHL. I have had good results overall, and their rates are generally less than the other two.
If never getting it there is better I will use them. Last time I used DHL my parcel went missing for a month. California Overnight has been super. I have found that instead of putting fragile on the box in big letters put "high claim item". I think the "throwers" think fragile means throw harder in Italian.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:10 AM
tromb
My Feedback: (2)

Had a long interactive e-chat with someone naamed "Sally"
After sending the pictures to someone named Ernest at Nitroplanes, they agreed to replace the fuselage.
More build news to follow