Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

U can do 3d

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

U can do 3d

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 07:59 AM
jcb883

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U can do 3d

Just bought a ucd3d 60 got a .91 os with jr 4131's has anyone had any problems with this plane before I build it...I bought a funtana 100x used from someone and the wing collapsed (exploded) on me going straight down the runway at about half throttle at 50ft.. So I guess it is take 2 for trying to learn 3d, or pattern[]
Old 10-10-2008, 08:24 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: U can do 3d

There's alot of threads on this plane. I'd do a search.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:05 AM
TFF

I would think the Funtana was not assy right if it was just going level. 3D planes can't tolerate high speeds well though. If you want to learn hard core 3D it will cost planes; that is why most go with .40 profiles, because you can go through 2-3 at the same cost and most can be fixed with some CA and packing tape at the field. I have a .46 Ucan and it can do just about anything but it does not do it as well as the profiles. It is a plane that can do good at everything, but it is not great at any one thing. It really just depends on what you are after.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:06 AM
TFF

Double
Old 10-10-2008, 02:57 PM
garydogwood

i've had the u can do for about 1 1/2 years with a saito 100. nice plane. actually very stable and easy to fly. as someone above said, it does most everything well. just build it right and you will be ok. some people have beefed up the landing gear but i built mostly stock but i dont' have (m)any rough landings. kind of reminds me of a pattern plane with the long body. the saito engine is just about right for this plane although if i had to do over, i would put a 125 on it.

gw
Old 10-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Personally I think the 91 will be a bit weak for 3D. This is a great plane and very fun to fly. One of my very favorite. Set the CG at 6" and you'll have a great time with it...but don't fly it 1/2 throttle straight down the runway...the wing will explode
Thanks
BArry