Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Electrify DC-3

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Great Planes Electrify DC-3

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Night Scream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Electrify DC-3

Hi everyone:

I just got this arf as a gift from some other fliers on the local airfield and have been reading the instructions before even joining anything or begining to build it.

The first instruction i face is to test the esc and the 2 included motors, but here's the problem i'm faced.

The instructions say that after they're connected to turn the transmitter on first followed by the switch on the plane [ or what will be in the plane] and follow to push the stick to full throthle and lower then to idle and that should arm the motors and get them ready for operation.

But as soon as i turn the switch on the plane to turn on the ESC, both engines turn on at i would pressume half throthle, i lowered the trim all the way down, made sure the channel was in reverse, lowered the atv, end point on the radio and yet still everytime i turn the switch to turn the ESC on, both motors turn on, and if you try to move the throthle stick on the radio a bit you start to hear like a clicking noise coming from the motors like if they wanted to change directions.

What's wrong with this? I presume the ESC is damaged, but the whole plane is brand new? SO is it the ESC or am i doing somethign wrong?

I've had 1 other electric airplanes and it has allways worked perfectly, yet this one doesn't, but can't try the esc on the other electric i have on the dc3 cause the motors are quite different