Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Wild Hawk fuselage

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Wild Hawk fuselage

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 07:53 PM
big_grasshopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Hawk fuselage

Hi I have a Wild Hawk which I love, but I have managed to crush the fuselage after taking a nose dive from 75' in the air at full throttle. I have bandage this one back together enough to the point it will fly again, but I'm not sure that it will take too many more failures like this last one. I haven't been able to find the fuselage as a replacement part anywhere yet. Does anyone know where to get the fuselage as a replacement part?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:18 PM
mark963

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hawk fuselage

You can order replacement parts from Harbor Freight. Shipping is about $9 if you go cheap and I think the fuse is around $10-15. But one break??? Oh come on! I drove one into the ground at 75mph (according to the gps - my transmitter got wet and died) and it was ready to fly again in 3 days. One of these days someone might talk me into posting those somewhere. Anyway, this is what you need to do: Heat the foam to about 150F. Too hot and it will get all dimply. A big pot of water on the stove with a meat thermometer is a good way to heat it. Hair dryers can sort of work. I'd bet that a hot car on a sunny day would do it, too. When it gets warm enough, it will relax back to the original shape. Then just use some UHU for foam for clean breaks and Gorilla Glue if you're missing some bits and you'll barely see the damage. Make sure to reinforce the front with strapping tape. Should be good for at least a dozen crashes.