Community
Search
Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

Dual edf?...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual edf?...

I would like to do a dual edf setup for a plane that will weigh around 22-26 ounces

I don't have a clue about edf's at all...

also what type of battery setup would I be looking at with running dual motors if I wanted a decent amount of flight time

and what size esc would I need
Old 02-26-2007, 12:57 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Dual edf?...

Look into a pair of brushed GWS fan units like their EDF 55 two of them have good power especially for 22oz plane and should run on 30A ESC and a 2100mAh 11.1V lipo pack

Best Wishes,
Dan
Old 02-26-2007, 06:55 PM

well, I can answer at least part of this. You will need two ESC's and only one batter which you can Y-chord to the separate ESC's. You will want to only run one of the ESC's in BEC modes so you will need to disable the the BEC on one. Since I don't know the model you are using, I will guess that you are looking for at least 1 to 1 thurst. I would gues that two EDF's that use a brushless speed 400 sized motor would work fine for you.Take a look at the Maxxprod.com website for EDF's that would fit the bill. The Himaxx EDF 50mm produces almost 12 ounces of thrust at 13 amps. You could use two 12-18 amps controllers.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:28 AM

So I would not be able to use I ESC for 2 Motors? If the esc could cover the amps produced by both Motors?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:36 PM

No. You will need two controllers. One for each motor. Brushless motors, in general, need one controller per motor.