Community
Search
Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

power on a minimag

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 04:35 PM
dabvid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power on a minimag

Hey Sal,
i was considering for my second plane a multiplex minimag. when i suggested this to my LHS he said it was a perfect second plane can do aerobatics when pushed there and is a beautiful flyer, he also sugested i go brushless from the start. i am not sure which motor he said but im pretty sure the align 450l was it (1000kv or 1400kv), the main question is, is it worth going the brushless lipo route straight away? also i was think a 25 amp e.s.c and a 2000 mah 20c/30c 3 cell lipo. also what prop size would i be using. i hear these motors can handle 180 watts so it should be quite powerfull. also keep in mind i am on a very tight budget, so if this setup is very expensive let me know a cheaper one. BTW the reason im on such a tight budget is because i am 14 years old and get 5 buck a week.
appreciate all the help Sal
regards,
dave
P.S BTWi am currently flying and electrafun xp which i hear is almost the same as the t-hawk. it is a 3 channel pusher, and at the moment i can do just about everything with it-loops, wingovers, rolls, stall turns, inverted.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:03 AM
salnsp

Default RE: power on a minimag

The brushless would give you much more power, longer run times and long life. I would shop around for a motor system that will give you 200-250 watts. this translates to 30-35 ounces of thrust.

Take a look at our website under the MiniMag to get a better idea of Motor systems. You are most welcome to give us a call. Ask for me (Sal). I give special discounts to our youngest modelers, most definetely when thay have to pay for the hobby with their own money. When you call tell whoever answer to make sure they break into any call I might be in the moddle of.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:42 AM
dabvid

Default RE: power on a minimag

whats the website? can you send to australia without an arm and a leg postage?
regards,
dave