Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

Autogiro

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Autogiro

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 07:15 AM
stearman70

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Autogiro

Hello. I started my new project, It is Hal from Bolt's Autogiro, an old plan of Uncle Willie. I have experience in aircraft construction, but not helicopters. I have a question. The rotor features the 3/8 X 1/2" maple blade hanger with a 6 1/2° cut at the end of each, below the hole of the fastening bolt. Does this notch mean that the blades should not be fixed on the aluminium rotor hanger, but should be moved 6 1/2° freely? I send the plane and pictures for clarity. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
de Bolts Autogiro_Plan (7).pdf (1.28 MB, 62 views)
Old 04-16-2022, 04:56 PM
stearman70

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello. I finished my gyroplane and I did everything the same as the plan. When I started the engine, at full capacity, the rotor moved very slowly. The plane marked 500 RPM and my rotor was 50 RPM. What can be wrong?