Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

new E gyro

Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

new E gyro

Old 12-26-2006, 04:41 PM
grant-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new E gyro

Here are some pics of my new little gyro. it has a himax 2812-850 motor a 10x3.8 apc prop. Castle creation 18 amp esc and a vampower 1320 3 cell Lipo. AUW 19.1 ounces. its a little heavy but i didnt use carbon fiber either.

The fuse is pink fanfold insulation and the fuse bracing/ spar is a piece of 1.5x.25 lattice cut down to .25x.25 X 24inches. The mast/ boom is also lattice cut down to 3/4 inch wide X 29 long. about 10 Degrees diheadrial. The rotor hubs are gws 400 gear boxes and the rotor bades are 4 strips of 4mm coroplast cut 2x12 inches. i also uses peices of the 4mm to shim the TE of the blades. left blade turns clockwise right turns counter colckwise. both outside blades are the advancing blades. It doesnt work well with the blades reversed. it wont fly straight or turn to the right hardly. it flys great like it is. The wind is rough today so it doest like it too well. Its abot 13 with gusts. The prop is too low in pitch i think. its drawing 10 amps at WOT i need more pitch speed but still good thrust.

Can anyone reccommend a good prop for my motor?

Old 12-26-2006, 04:49 PM
thtoyman
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: new E gyro

So you fly it yet? How the blades work?
Old 12-26-2006, 06:55 PM
grant-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: new E gyro

yes i flew it. They spin up easliy for a hand launch