Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
 PM AutoGyro >

PM AutoGyro

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

PM AutoGyro

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PM AutoGyro

I see in my archives that the July 1962 issue of Popular Mechanics contained a plan for a Cox .049 control line version of an autogyro. Has anyone in this group tried/ flown it?

TIA
Old 02-09-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PM AutoGyro

Hi Louis, I have built and flown many CL gyros, some based on Roy Clough's July 1962 PM design. I designed a profile version of it. Somewhat different teeter head. It is a good performer with a TD 051 or larger motor. Flies on 35-50 ft. lines. I found it helpful to fly with a small amount of tip weight added to the blades. Check out my photo gallery for a pic of my CL gyroplane. By the way, I still have it. It has been sitting for a few years now, but could fly with a good cleanup. It is a veteran of hundreds of flights. Charlie