Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Peak Electronics (Sirius Pro Chargers, etc.) - Out of business?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Peak Electronics (Sirius Pro Chargers, etc.) - Out of business?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Sirkaos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peak Electronics (Sirius Pro Chargers, etc.) - Out of business?

Does anyone know what is going on with Peak Electronics? I have a Pro Charger that wont charge the transmitter and I wanted to send it in for repair, but no one answers any of the phone numbers, and voice mailbox is full. (Not a good sign). When I send an email from the web page, the security code never works. I sent an email to the "[email protected]" and it was returned, not a valid email address.

Did they close their shop?
Old 04-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Sirkaos

Update.... I was finally able to get a hold of someone at Peak Electronics. A daughter who was helping out mom and dad while they are gone at a show. She took a message. I understand the part of doing shows and getting the word out about your product. But if you have customers that leave messages via the internet, and the voice mail box is full with messages and no "Out of the office till .......", people will wonder what is going on. Good communication leaves a great feeling with long term customers like myself.

The Sirius Pro charger and Super Test Pro are outstanding products I would recommend to anyone.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:27 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do know that designer/inventor of the Peak electronics died a couple of years ago. I see the wife at trade shows but I don't know any of the workings of the business. +1 on their chargers - I have two or three of them....maybe even 4

Jerry
Old 04-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Sirkaos

I was able to get a hold of one of the sons and he is very knowlegble. I have been using my unit since 2002 and had it upgraded in 2008 to the Sirius Pro Charger plus which basically doubles the output. The sad thing is that the processor boards are no longer availible but they can pretty much fix everything else. I sent mine in today to get it repaired. Sounds like it will be a quick turn.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:55 PM
anthonydineen
My Feedback: (1)

Anybody Know how to get in touch with Peak Electronics?
Old 07-14-2021, 02:02 PM
kurtr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this i an old thread, but I am going to ask a question here on the Sirius Pro charger. Does anyone know of any schematics that are available for these charger units or more specifically what are the modifications necessary to double the charging rates for these units?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:28 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a couple of these chargers...of different model numbers...let me check. I do know the company has gone out of business....shame too because it was GOOD STUFF.
The following users liked this post:
captinjohn (07-23-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 02:18 PM
kurtr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply. I was not sure if anyone was still interested in Sirius chargers.

I have a one lithium charger and a 2-3 of the NiCd/NiMh chargers. The only weak spot I found on the NiCd/NiMh Pro Series battery conditioning fast field charger was the 3 position toggle switch that determined the charging rate of 250 mAh, 500 mAh or 1000 mAh. I have 2 units that need to have the mini toggle switch replaced and I was hoping to find out what changes were made on the circuit board to upgrade one of the units to the higher charging rate of 500mAh, 1000 mAh and 2000 mAh for the few larger flight packs that I have. My thought was that the mod would be something simple like changing a few resistors on the single sided PC board. This would entail some simple soldering with a low watt soldering iron to avoid damaging the board or other components.

Let me know what you find out and we can compare notes. The Sirius chargers were top shelf products.
Kurt
Old 07-23-2021, 09:38 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tailskid
I have a couple of these chargers...of different model numbers...let me check. I do know the company has gone out of business....shame too because it was GOOD STUFF.
I have one and it still works!!!!! Thanks
Old 08-15-2021, 07:47 PM
DOUBLEWINGER

Default Peak Electronics (Sirius) SuperTest

I am interested in purchasing a Peak Electronics Sirius SuperTest battery tester. Anyone have one that they are willing to part with?
Old 08-30-2021, 10:54 AM
astropuppy
My Feedback: (23)

Originally Posted by DOUBLEWINGER
I am interested in purchasing a Peak Electronics Sirius SuperTest battery tester. Anyone have one that they are willing to part with?
I have one I'll sell for a reasonable price. astropuppy@hot mail d0t com
Old 09-02-2021, 04:17 PM
DOUBLEWINGER

Default Peak Electronics Sirius SuperTest battery tester

Originally Posted by astropuppy
I have one I'll sell for a reasonable price. astropuppy@hot mail d0t com
AstroPuppy, could you send me your requested amount and pictures of this tester?
Thanks very much for your response,
Old 09-02-2021, 05:05 PM
astropuppy

Originally Posted by DOUBLEWINGER
AstroPuppy, could you send me your requested amount and pictures of this tester?
Thanks very much for your response,
pm sent
Old 09-09-2021, 12:47 PM
astropuppy

Old 10-05-2021, 11:11 AM
DOUBLEWINGER

looks good. could you give me your price with shipping to the 98034 zip code. also please indicate your payment preference.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:02 PM
DOUBLEWINGER

looks good. could you give me your price with shipping to the 98034 zip code. also please indicate your payment preference.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:43 PM
astropuppy

Sorry been out of town incommunicado. The supertest has been sold.
Old 10-09-2021, 04:29 PM
DOUBLEWINGER

Exclamation Peak Electronics (Sirius) SuperTest

I am again interested in purchasing a Peak Electronics Sirius SuperTest battery tester. The one i was promised was given to someone else. Anyone have one that they are willing to part with?
Old 10-11-2021, 08:04 AM
astropuppy

Sorry, I waited on your response for almost a month! Have a good day.