Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Question(s) 4 Ace Super Smart Test & Digipulse Owners

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Question(s) 4 Ace Super Smart Test & Digipulse Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Crash Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question(s) 4 Ace Super Smart Test & Digipulse Owners

I am looking at the Ace Hobby Super Smart Test and Super Digipulse to replace the NiCd charging systems that I am using now. I am upgrading my batteries (tx & rx) to 1800mAh NiMh and would like to know if the Super Digipulse will handle the charging of these packs?

I have read that some of the multi-port chargers share the current between the ports (i.e. will charge at 2000mA between 2 ports - 1000mA for each port) and was curious if the Digipulse does this as well? It claims to have 6 independent programable ports and will charge from 100 to 2000mAh. I plan to be charging at least 3, 6V rx packs with the 1800mAh NiMh's as well as up to 2 tx packs and since the max current is only 150mA, my calculations indicate that I will need to charge for at least 12hrs. I would really appreciate anyone who owns and uses this charger's feedback on it - positive or negitive.

I am also looking at the Super Smart test so that in combination with the Digipulse (or whatever charger I end up with) I will have the capacity to cycle my packs. My question on this is, is it accurate? I have an Accucycle Pro Series now and after checking it, I found that it was way out of calibration. Any feedback on this would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Old 09-23-2004, 10:24 AM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Question(s) 4 Ace Super Smart Test & Digipulse Owners

I think this tester is more accurate then the Ace tester also better warranty.

http://www.siriuselectronics.com/supr_tst.htm

I have a Super Digipulse and its a good charger never any problems. I think if all 6 ports are programed to deliver 150mah it will do it.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Crash Master

Can I assume from the flood of replies that nobody uses the Ace Super Digipulse or the Smart Test? []
Old 01-19-2005, 09:44 PM
gatorz1
My Feedback: (11)

I have 2 of them but I don't think they would work for an 1800 mah pack the max you can program them is 150 mah for 15 hours then it goes into a pulse trickle charge mode I guess you could run the charge cycle twice and that would charge your 1800 mah packs. All six ports are independent unlike the Hobbico Multi-Charger I have. As far as my opinon of the Digipulse I love it it's easy to program and I can leave it on all the time without worrying about over charging the only thing I didn't like was that it didn't come with any connectors so you can either buy this 6 pack kit from Ace or you can make your own I found that the power adapters that come with U.S. Robotics external modems works great for plugging into the charger you can find these pretty cheap on e-bay now since everyone is going with highspeed internet, just cut the wire solder your connections for your packs and you're in business. Hope this helps if you have other questions I will try to answer.