Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

NoBS Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 04:51 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NoBS Batteries

I just wanted to plug NoBS Batteries. I just ordered a 2150mah NiMH 6 volt battery from them and upon opening the package was greatly impressed. The batter pack just looks like it's made better. The wire is high quality and you can see all of the information on the cells. Also included was a label telling breakin rate, charge rate and has a table for keeping up with information about the charges. The connections feel good to each cell and the shrik wrap is good and tight and also of high quality. It's thicker than most other companies shrink wrap and looks like it could stand though any crash.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:22 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: NoBS Batteries

I will second that plug. Just received two flight packs and they are first rate. Very well put together and top rate materials. Prices arent bad either. Will most definetly buy all my batteries from those guys from here on out.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone list the web site and phone number to these guys? I would like to try them out. I've been buying from Batteries America but the batteries are not holding up to my expectations. I suspect old inventory but not sure. I've bought Hitec flight packs and those batteries seem to hold up for several years.
Thanks in advance for any info. provided.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:17 AM

www.hangtimes.com/nobsbatteries.html You can order online. Very fast service.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:43 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

From what I heard, the owner of NoBS worked at SR for many years, then went out on his own. The packs are outstanding.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:14 AM

Thanks for the info CSDAWGGIE, I'll call them for my next purchase.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:20 PM
My Feedback: (6)

I already own 12 of his packs (I have 20 airplanes in the hanger). From 1500 ignition packs all the way up to 2400 dual leads giant scale rx packs. I wont trust the other chincey brands to my seriously price-tagged choppers and giant scale.

Ahhh peace of mind Thanks to NoBS Batteries.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:07 AM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

I, also have a very good impression of their packs, I have bought four and am impressed with the quality. I have no connection with them, I just like to see quality get a plug.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:43 PM
My Feedback: (3)

I will Only Use NOBS BAtteries in My planes
You just simply cannot compare them to any other Battery Assembler
Old 11-03-2004, 05:15 PM

If I might be so bold as to also suggest Radical RC for batteries. I priced out (well, I already bought) a 1650 6v at $18 there vs $25 at NoBS. Both use the same sanyo battery.

Sooooo, inquiring minds want to know: differences?
Old 11-03-2004, 07:06 PM

Well I hope you added a connector because the 18 bucks doesn't include your 2 dollar connector. so that 20. From the looks of radical's packs I can tell the outer jacketing is not as high of quality. NoBS also wraps the pack with reinforced packing tape for strength.....didn't see that in radicals. There are a number of other things that help NoBS batteries be a lot better. For only 5 bucks I'd rather have a pack that can take anything I throw at it. If your battery goes your plane will too.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:50 AM

I make my own rx packs as well as flight packs for my electrics. I think $25 for a rx pack is ridiculous.
All my 1600 mah rx packs are soldered with connector and cost well under $10. They still work fine even after crashes,
being in a tree for a week and in mud. Generally buy my batts from cheapbatterypacks.com or
Dynamo Electrics.

Dave...
Old 11-09-2004, 08:43 AM
My Feedback: (18)

The problem is that some of us arent expert with solder and dont know exactly how the packs are setup. If I could build the packs for $10, I would do it in a minute. Since I cant, I dont mind paying even $15 dollars more to protect an airplane that I have a ton of time invested in.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:05 AM

The difference one asks is the way they are built (or put together)

The picture tells the story of quality vs. quantity.

Quality is good. He is a modeler and knows exactly what is required in making a pack up for our environment of rc models. Quantity is bad, because who really knows how long those brand X batteries have been sitting in a warehouse. This has happened to me in the past, but now all of my batteries come from the best, NoBS batteries. Even had him make me up a battery pack for my Very old original Makita drill.

Gunny

PS. Brand X is on the right.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70895.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	199143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70309.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	199144  
Old 12-04-2004, 09:44 AM
My Feedback: (32)

Hey..... I hadn't thought of that for some reason! My drill needs a new pack too!
Old 12-04-2004, 11:53 PM

Yeah man, If the drill has built in battery cells, Call him or e-mail him for your request. You'll probably will have to send in the drill or maybe just the battery. I gave him my whole drill.

I'm going to have him build me a 10 cell battery pack for my kavan starter.

Gunny
Old 07-21-2011, 12:25 PM

NOBS bats are just that, NO BS.. My buddy/Professor at the field turned me on to them when i started flying. I tried others and none compair. Getting ready to order two more for my 30%. Great company
Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I have used these batteries for years in large warbirds (30 lbs+) and really like them. It is nice to be able to see the specifications for the cells so that one can order a pack appropriate for a given application. I have found the packs to be well constructed with strong solder joints on the contacts.

-Ed B.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:21 AM

CSDA:

I agree with you. I have bought 5 giant scale planes and only use NoBs A123 battery packs and replaced my JR TX pack with his product. He gives good service; responds to your emails for assistant in a timely manner; and has a good and heplful web site. I have met the owner, Steve, at the WRAM show. While he may have an aversion to deal with customers on the phone, he is always willing to help you thru the net and he knows his stuff. He is a good and reliable vendor that I also highly recommend.

Capt Lou
Old 07-27-2011, 09:13 AM

Sure other packs may save you a few bucks but when your putting in $1000 + into a plane what's the extra few dollars for piece of mind. My first A123 2300 packs from Steve are 4 years old and they still discharge within 5 ma/h from when they were new. I have about 150 charges on those, another 850 still to go. Charge and store, pull out a month later and go fly.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:27 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use this guy's packs also, he is a local guy here on Long Island. his packs aresecond to none! he even discounts the shipping for us local guys. Fly your aircraft with confidence with a NoBS pack in it. John