Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

NiMH

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 11:21 PM
Miniair
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NiMH

Anyone use these as the power source in RC Electric cars. How are they lasting and what should a person look out for.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-27-2001, 08:26 AM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NiMH

When I raced model cars the nimh's were just coming out. They had a lot more capacity but the voltage was not the same as the nicads. I think that they have been "zapped" and the chemistry perfected enough that they are the battery of choice for modified and some stock applications. I think Trinity made a "stock" set of matched cells that had the voltage of nicads. The nimh's are easier to store and not so picky when it comes to discharging. They are more easily damaged by overcharging and the peak chargers need to have a very narrow peak detection for the nimh's. Most of the new chargers have this now. I used the Novak Millenium. If you are just gonna run your car for fun, the nimh's are a great choice...if you have the right charger. For racing they can still be the right chioce. Hope all my babbling helped.

Bob