Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Triton Can I

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triton Can I

I would like to know if i can delete the discharge function in the memory on this charger.

I would like to use memory 1 to charge my 2500 NIMH pack for my TX. but when i set it up it has a discharge function in it. can this be deleted.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Triton Can I

Dennis,
I don't believe you can delete the discharge function. But I would think you could set the discharge current to zero which should accomplish the same thing. I have to say that I haven't tried it myself as I haven't used the memory functions.

Quoted from the manual -> "Next, rotate the dial to scroll vertically through the following screens for the selected memory: battery type, number of cells, battery capacity, charge current, discharge current, and discharge volts/cell. Adjust any such parameter as needed to match the battery type. When the desired battery memory has been properly adjusted / selected, press MENU and Triton will automatically return to the appropriate “charge†screen for the battery type selected.

John
Old 01-10-2006, 08:29 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

The charge and dicharge is a seperate menu right? It will only use the specs that it needs for the function selected. Maybe I am misunderstanding though.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:15 AM
JNorton

U-Dud,
Yup seperate menus but he is talking about memory functions. Looks like I'll have to drop down to the dungeon tonight after work and take a closer look.
John
Old 01-11-2006, 05:38 PM
DENNIS C

Thanks for the help guy's but i have another problem.

I have a 2500 nimh pack in my TX.

When i charge it ..it stops at 1000 mah on the charger so that tells me a 1000 mah just got dump in to the battery pack. well its not getting fully charged. i have to set it up again in order to get a full charge in to it.

Im charging @ 1 amp.

Do i need to increase my threashold on the charger will this increase the amount of mah's going in to the pack.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:28 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read the manual and look around. There is a default limit that you need to change.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
DENNIS C

ORIGINAL: 4*60

Read the manual and look around. There is a default limit that you need to change.

LOL.....The Manual is jibberish to me.

Thats why im posting
Old 01-11-2006, 07:43 PM
JNorton

Push the menu button till Buzzer is displayed. Then rotate the dial until you see Max. NiMH Charge Input and increase it. Another thing to look at is increasing the Safety Time Out setting.

John
Old 01-11-2006, 08:01 PM
DENNIS C

ORIGINAL: JNorton

Push the menu button till Buzzer is displayed. Then rotate the dial until you see Max. NiMH Charge Input and increase it. Another thing to look at is increasing the Safety Time Out setting.

John
Hey John that was it. the NIMH charge was set to 1000. no wonder it wouldn't fully charge my 2500 NIMH pack.

Thanks again