Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

So far I like them...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 09:47 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So far I like them...

Just put a set of poweflites into a 33% Cap.

2-2000 Mah's for the Rx
1-1800 Mah's for the Ign
regulators
charger
tester

Intial cost wasnt cheap but I feel its worth it.

I do have one question,

When I received these packs the two 2000's would take a charge for about an hour before the light turned green.
The 1800 though would always show green right after the charger was plugged into it.
I flew the plane 5 times for appx 15 mins a flight and today was the first time it would take a charge.

Do some of these packs come charged? This one seemed to.

Voltage on it has been around 7.3 since it came out of the package. Today before the last flight it was 6.7V

Thanks,
Old 11-26-2002, 08:36 PM
Heads_Up

Default Re: So far I like them...

Originally posted by wgeffon
Just put a set of poweflites into a 33% Cap.

2-2000 Mah's for the Rx
1-1800 Mah's for the Ign
regulators
charger
tester

Intial cost wasnt cheap but I feel its worth it.

I do have one question,

When I received these packs the two 2000's would take a charge for about an hour before the light turned green.
The 1800 though would always show green right after the charger was plugged into it.
I flew the plane 5 times for appx 15 mins a flight and today was the first time it would take a charge.

Do some of these packs come charged? This one seemed to.

Voltage on it has been around 7.3 since it came out of the package. Today before the last flight it was 6.7V

Thanks,
First off ... thank you for choosing PowerfLite to provide you with the battery system for your aircraft.

All PowerfLite Lithium Ion packs get shipped out at NEAR max charge. However, it is not uncommon to find a battery that needs NO charge until its 5th usage. With regards to ignition vs RX packs ... you will see the RX packs drop at a faster rate due to higher current draws as opposed to a lower, near consistent draw on the ignition. Also, don't forget to rotate you RX packs about once a month. Just flip-flop the packs ... leave the regulators, switches, and receivers in place. We recommend you do this to evenly distribute the life of the duel redundancy packs (i.e. one may be getting used more than the other depending on how you have them configured). Don't forget to use the fuel proofed, laminated Discharge Rate Chart you received with the batteries to ensure you are flying at a safe level. As you know, PowerfLite is the only battery supplier in the hobby that provides those Discharge Rate Cards as another means to safely use our products.

THANX AGAIN!
Best Regards

Rick Head
Marketing and Public Relations
Skyborn Electronics / PowerfLite
R/C Power Solutions
[email protected]
http://www.rcpowerflite.com
972-267-5099
Old 11-26-2002, 08:49 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

The 2000 Mah packs are run to the RX though seperate switches. They get exactly the same usage. Do I still need to flip-flop them occasionally?
Old 11-27-2002, 04:29 PM
Heads_Up

If you are running the 2 batteries on the same RX, then it is not required to flip-flop them, but if you run duel RXs, then yes.

THANX AGAIN!
Best Regards

Rick Head
Marketing and Public Relations
Skyborn Electronics / PowerfLite
R/C Power Solutions
[email protected]
http://www.rcpowerflite.com
972-267-5099