Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Swallow Advance showing too high voltage

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Swallow Advance showing too high voltage

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Hagar69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swallow Advance showing too high voltage

I have a Swallow Advance charger that I really like. however today I discovered that the voltage display is not correct. It shows about 0.1 volts too much compared to both a Watts Up meter and a digital multimeter.

The result is that my 3S LIPO packs are charged to 12.5 volts rather than 12.6. Is there a way to calibrate the charger?
Would I gain anything from calibrating?

Hagar
Old 09-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Swallow Advance showing too high voltage

That's only off 33 one thousands of a volt per cell, and best of all, it on the low side. You won't be able to notice any less performance by being that tiny bit short.

If you measure the voltage directly from the battery leads, you may find it's closer than you think. There is some voltage loss in the charger leads.