Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Piranha Digital peak

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Rice_slayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piranha Digital peak

Well i bought a Duratrax Piranha digital peak charger. I got it as an impulse buy, only $35cnd shipped! Anywho how good is this charger? I race 1/10 stock touring with 2 gp3300's and an ib3600. Is it better or worse then a superbrain 959,the other charger i was considering?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:25 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Piranha Digital peak

They are pretty much in the same catagory. On ac power the 959 is a faster charger. In most other ways the dig pir is best.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:31 PM
rschoi_75

You got a great basic charger for the money. I like it better then the superbrain 959.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Rice_slayer

Great! Thats the other one i wanted, i hear it has heat issues(another guy in the club runs a fan to keep it cool). It charges at 3 amps, so im good. Cant wait till it arrives!
Old 09-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Rice_slayer

I got it on DC power and it's an AWESOME charger. Love it! Best money best for my batteries, now to get a discharger :P.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:26 PM
kx250ryder

The Piranha Digital is probably the easiest to use, best value for an entry level charger. I have one too and I love it. You don't really need a discharger for your nimh batteries that you mentioned above. In fact, they actually like to be stored with some charge. Discharging is somewhat of a myth as far as extending the useful life or power of your cells.

The only real purpose for it is to see how much capacity goes back into your cells when you re-charge it from fully dead. This gives you somewhat of an indicator as to the condition of your batteries, whether or not its getting to be time to replace.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Rice_slayer

Im using this Integy Indi discharger, paired with this charger=REALLY power full batteries. I never knew how fast my car was till i had good charging equipment. The guys in my club said if it goes off while im racing, they're throwing water on it since they dont like to learn how a new charger worksx lol.