Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

LiPo has zero volts loaded

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:37 PM
wings515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPo has zero volts loaded

This is my first posting so please excuse my ignorance if I do something out of the ordinary.

I purchased a Thunder Power 11.1 V 1200mAh LiPo a while back to try in a Hobbico EP. I charged it as required on my Triton. Each time I tried to get full throttle the ESC would shut down. I removed the LiPO and went back to the original 9.6 V 2100 mAh NiCd.
My initial thought was the LiPo at 13 watts would be similar to the NiCd at 20 watts with the decrease in weigth of the LiPo.

Recently I got an EV-97 and purchased a Just-Go-Fly 450XT and 22 Amp ESC. I charged the LiPo using a Triton LiPo charger and the small charging jack as before. Before I connected the pack the output voltage was 12.36 volts. As soon as I connected the ESC, the output went to ZERO. I have a 7.4 V 700mAh LiPo that I put in place to check everything else was correct. The 450XT spun up fine and the servo I had as a test worked also. This proved to me the current draw on the ESC was not excessive.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the cause of the fall in output voltage with just the slightest loading?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-19-2006, 07:46 AM
richrd

Default RE: LiPo has zero volts loaded

Just cycle the battery on Triton and see if ok "1C discharge capacity" first then proceed to use. Check balance also
Rich
Old 09-19-2006, 05:23 PM
wings515

Default RE: LiPo has zero volts loaded

Thank you very much, the cycling did the trick.

Now I can spend my money on a Spektrum radio.

Best regards,
Dan